Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fuel efficiency -MPG or KM/L-for 1981 GS1100E??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel efficiency -MPG or KM/L-for 1981 GS1100E??

anyone have some ballpark figures on the distance a tank of fuel should last.my bike('81 GS1100E-19.0L tank)is averaging about 220 kms. to reserve.
    one more quick question-how many litres does the reserve have ?
    :twisted: bret :twisted:

Well, can't tell you in KM/G , but I get 40-42 Miles per gallon average on my 83 GS1100GK (the bags and trunk bike). Hope that helps..Tim

Comment

MPG

1983 GS1100E AT 1166CC AND GEARED DOWN GETS NO LESS THAN 47 MPG MIXED DRIVING--AT STEADY 65 I GET 50 MPG AND IF I AM RIDING NICE AND EASY I GET AS MUCH AS 52--DUNCAN BONE DOES EVEN BETTER AND HE RIDE ON ALL KINDS OF ROADS(( IN THE BUSH SOMEWHERE))

Comment

1980 GS1100E... stock

Commuting back and forth to work... (no freeways.. mixed city and suburban traffic.. relatively slow speeds .. morning fast.. evening slow)... I used to get 206 miles... then it ran out of gas.. I mean OUT !... (I rolled into gas pumps with a dead engine like that a few times.. 206)... motor was box stock.

On the freeway?... way worse... averaging near 80 mph... You can run out of gas at 160 miles.

Hah!... you can also take the gas tank off and 'slosh' it over and get enough gas to go another 5 or maybe 10 miles... to the gas station ... :P

(and it will NOT!! 'slosh' over to the other side by laying the bike down ... I have laid the bike on its side and levered the tires clear off the ground while on the engine case and exhaust pipe... and touched the handlebar down and 'rocked' it... it will NOT lean any farther!... NO SLOSH!.... take the tank off?... sloshes easily)

soooo ... take yer tanks off and get sloshed !

Comment

thanx for the replies,i'm sure my fuel usage is due to abusie of that twisty thing on the end of the right handle bar!!

:twisted: breton

Comment

On my GS1000G I get about 280 kms before switching to reserve. For about 300 kms I take 20 litres to fill = 15 kms per litre or about 44 miles per gallon I think.

Kim

Comment

Hmmmm. and as the cagers go past they see this and figure
              either you're having some sort of seizure or you're a pervert
              having a "happy moment" with his bike. LMAO

Earl :-)

[quote="Austin Mell"]1980 GS1100E... stock
              I have laid the bike on its side and levered the tires clear off the ground while on the engine case and exhaust pipe... and touched the handlebar down and 'rocked' it..
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Re: MPG

Originally posted by SLOWPOKE
                1983 GS1100E AT 1166CC AND GEARED DOWN GETS NO LESS THAN 47 MPG MIXED DRIVING--AT STEADY 65 I GET 50 MPG AND IF I AM RIDING NICE AND EASY I GET AS MUCH AS 52--DUNCAN BONE DOES EVEN BETTER AND HE RIDE ON ALL KINDS OF ROADS(( IN THE BUSH SOMEWHERE))
                I reminded Dink that gallons US is different to gallons AUST. which works on the imperial measurement system. Dink averages 19km/l, 44 mpg US, 53mpg imperial. He always uses premium unleaded petrol 93ron which boosts his mpg average slightly. He is not known to be a fuel efficient rider or driver, he has the same problem with the twisty bit on the bar , his excuse for this being " I got a major cramp in my wrist " :?

Comment

Originally posted by WifeofDink
                  Dink averages 19km/l
                  I fhe is doing that on the 1100E and I am only doing 15km/l on the 1000G - and I have an idea of how Dink uses his throttle - then I am going to have to have a serious look at where my extra stuff is going to.

Kim

Comment

="WifeofDink I reminded Dink that gallons US is different to gallons AUST. which works on the imperial measurement system. Dink averages 19km/l, 44 mpg US, 53mpg imperial. He always uses premium unleaded petrol 93ron which boosts his mpg average slightly. He is not known to be a fuel efficient rider or driver, he has the same problem with the twisty bit on the bar , his excuse for this being " I got a major cramp in my wrist " :?
                    I started to ask about the difference in measurements, but thought Dink may have already made the conversion. His mpg is still better than my 1100(39-42mpg), but much closer. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
                    X