reg/rectifier 86GS1150EF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reg/rectifier 86GS1150EF

Hey Scotty i know you run a Honda reg/rec on your machine. What I would like to know which one would fit my GS. Seems I go through one a year and my stator tests fine. Any suggestions?

RECTIFIER

ITS FROM AN OLD 750 HONDA ABOUT THE SAME YEAR AS OUR BIKES ILL TRY TO GET MORE INFORMATION--MY MECHANIC PUT IT ON WHEN HE REPLACED A BURNED STATOR FOR THE ORIGINAL OWNER AND SWEARS BY THEM--BUT THE GUY IS SO GOOD I NEVER QUESTION HIM ON ANYTHING--- BUT I WILL CALL HIM TOMORROW AND SEE IF I CAN FIND THE YEAR--ILL BET THAT JUST ANY ONE OFF A 750 THAT IS ABOUT 15 YEARS OLD WILL DO--I WILL ALSO TRY TO READ THE PART NUMBERS OFF MINE--IT IS PRETTY BEAT LOOKING THOUGH.
    (((( BTW SPEAKING OF ELECTRICITY, I JUST INSTALLED A SWITCH TO SHUT THE LITE WHEN STARTING , WARMING UP AND TUNING THE BIKE.))))

Comment

You know i have been thinking about a light kill switch for years but I just haven't got around to it. Maybe this summer after the new 4 piston brake calipers, stearing dampner and a couple of other little things I will give it a shot.

Comment

REGULAOR AND KILL SWITCH

i JUST WENT OUT AND TOOK OFF THE SEAT AND SIDE COVER--I USED AN ERASER TO MAKE THE NUMBE CLEAR---THIS IS WHAT I THINK IT SAYS---(( AH 282 12 0. 1 )) ther is a small posibility that the 8 is a 3-- if this number is familiar to any one we would apreciate knowing--and if others who have done the honda regulator thing have the numbers again we would appreciate the information
        the togle switch is made to mount on japanese handlebars and came fron murdoch racing in safety harbor florida as did my pipes coils pistons and entire modified clutch and oil pump gears.

the free catalog is what got me started with this reputable outfit---they just made a custom kill switch for me(( normally closed contacts ))

Comment

Reg/rectifier

A single voltage regulator/rectifier is available for ALL suzuki GS models. Rip out the seperate regulator and rectifier units and fit this. 3 phases in from the stator, positive and negative out to the battery. It is housed in its own heatsink and sorts out the charging system a treat. 40 pounds (about 60 dollars) from "M and P" in the UK. They deliver world wide and have a very large selection of aftermarket parts for old japanese machines. Its worth getting the catalogue. Try "www.mandp.com".

Comment

reg/rec

8) I got a replacement r/r from M&P a few years ago and it's worked fine since. Any aftermarket unit will be far better and longer-lived than the M. Mouse object Suzuki fitted at the factory. Go with a Honda unit if you can find one and work out the wiring - a replacement from Electrex or someone else will come with instructions on how to wire it into your Suzuki loom.

Comment

Rec/Reg

I would recommend the fitting of an Electrex rec/reg to you 1150 because they are common easily available effective and they SUPPORT this forum we all enjoy
              Dink

Comment

Re: Rec/Reg

I just received my electrex R/R. It has 5 wires, 3 yellow, a red and
                a green, so its a no brainer to wire. Very nicely done unit and I
                was really pleased when I saw it. Including shipping, it was
                about $106 and I think worth every cent for the peace of mind alone.

Earl

I would recommend the fitting of an Electrex rec/reg to you 1150 because they are common easily available effective and they SUPPORT this forum we all enjoy
                Dink[/quote]
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                X