No brake light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No brake light

I have no brake light either front or back...my fuses are good and all wiring looks good. I havn't even started to troubleshoot it yet but thought someone might point me in an obvious direction...thanks.

Brake light

How long has the bike set? First place I'd check is the little switch under the front brake handle where the wire come out. Thats where my problem was. Once I cleaned that up I had a brake light again. As for the rear check the sending unit off og the rear master cylinder and make sure everything is clean and tight. Also check your ground wires.

Comment

Dink had the same problem, he found it was the switch as well, nothing seems to fix the problem so he ended up replacing it

Comment

First place I would check ,and it might sound dumb, is the bulbs.Are there any in there, and if there are look at the filament, or check them with a meter. if the bulbs are ok then I would try spraying a little WD-40 in the switches. I had to do that on my 1980 GS1000 when I got it.Apparently the bike had sat for a while.You might want to give it a try.

Comment

Bulbs

Yes, definately check the bulbs. As obvoius as it sounds, just put new ones in. Then use the WD40. Then start the wiring checks.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
          X