Back cut transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back cut transmission

Does anyone no where I can get my transmission back cut in the Ashland Ky. area? And does anyone know what this process is all about? I understand it helps the bike when your dragracing.

Back Cut Tranny

WHAT THE DEVIL ARE YOU RUNNING THAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU NEED A BACK CUT TRANNEY--FIRST OF ALL YOU HAVE TO SPLIT THE CASES AND SEND THE TRANNEY AWAY-HERE IS A COMPANY THAT DOES IT BUT I DONT THINK THAT ANYONE WHO DOES THAT WORK IS INTO CHANGING THEM OUT ALSO--THIS VERY REPUTABLE AND EXPERIENCED OUTFIT WILL SEND YOU A FREE CATALOG WITH PRICES ON THAT OPERATION AND LOTS OF OTHER SPECIAL STUFF--YOU CAN ORDER THE CATALOG ON LINE ALSO-

Comment

Backcut Transmission

The modification is done to the engagement dogs. They are ground at
      a slight inward bevel on the engagement side, to provide a more positive
      shift--the idea is to make it harder to miss shifts. The bevel actually
      "pulls" the engagement dog into the slot on the gear.

If you are splitting the cases to do crank or transmission work for drag
      racing, it's a good mod to do, while your at it.

Comment

back cut transmission

Thanks Guys. Does anyone know how much something like this would cost? :?

Comment

Wow. Sounds cool and expensive! Are you sure you wouldn't rather just pay off the national debt? Just kidding, good luck.

Comment

Sexton/ re transmission cuting

A PRO CUT TRANSMISSION FROM MURDOCH RACING IS $350 NO CORE REQUIRED THIS IS FOR AN 1100 OR AN 1150 THEY MUST HAVE A COUPLE IN STOCK AND IT IS ONLY CUT TO HOLD THE GEARS IN PLACE UNDER ACCELERATION.
            (( OR )) IF YOU SEND YOUR TRANNEY IN(FOR ANY MAKE OR MODEL BIKE)) IF I READ CORRECTLY THESE ARE ONLY BASE PRICES THEN THERE IS MAGNAFLUXING WICH COSTS $3.50 PER PIECE--AND WELD UPS ARE $3.80 PER POINT--NATURALLY ANY PARTS ARE EXTRA-THEN THERE IS A ROAD RACE CUT (( THESE ARE CUT TO HOLD THE TRANSMISSION IN GEAR UNDER ACCELERATION AND DECELERATION PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU ARE BUILDING THAT MAKES YOU NEED THIS SORT OF SERVICE--I AM JEALOUS IF MY EXPLANATION IS POOR IT IS BECAUSE I AM READING FROM A CATALOG AND I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH THESE THINGS AND MY SCANNER IS DOWN SO I CANT SEND YOU A COPY OF THE PAGE

Comment

Re: back cut transmission

Originally posted by sexton7z
              Thanks Guys. Does anyone know how much something like this would cost? :?
              Their '97-'98 catalog shows the following prices:

Race Cut $163
              Pro Cut $202
              Road Race Cut $296

Their number at that time was 800-237-7223 if you want to give them a call

Comment

Looks like Scotty has the up to date info.

Comment

8) Hi guys I will be useing my 831100ed for probably a little of everything. Road racing, Drag races to haul my butt back and forth to work. I planning on a Wiesco 1261cc kit for it. I'll probably change the front end to a GSXR unit with the GSXR wheels front and rear.

Comment

If you run into any problems with the chassis mods get with me. I've already done it.

Comment

there are a bunch of places that undercut trans gears - falicon is one of them and they are the #1 crank repair/weldin outfit in the biz IMHO;; am doin a similair project - so i'll try to figure out how to save your profile - i just signed up for this - wanted to for awhile but they were changing servers;

doing up a 83 gs1100es - streetable - but modern and fst with 2 step and on board air shift - ext arm;

check out van sant racing - pella IA - he may have a drop in set - and ck the classified as u can buy a drop in set for 150-200$$

dave-1100

Comment

Working...
                      X