I Finally Did Something Smart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Finally Did Something Smart

I JUST PRINTED OUT A COPY OF STATOR PAPERS 4 AND STAPLED IT TOGETHER---NOW I WILL STUDY IT AND DO THE TESTING ON MY BIKE WHICH HAS A PERFECT ELECTRICAL SYSTEM -IF IT EVER BREAKS DOWN I WILL ALREADY HAVE THE TROUBLESHOOTING EXPERIENCE --I CREDIT THIS IDEA TO MY FRIEND WHO CALLS HIMSELF BUICK89RIVIERA ON AIM

Hey thanks scotty. Now i need to get my lazy self outside and see why why my bike is not charging

Comment

Disappointed....

"I Finally Did Something Smart", said Scotty in the title to the previous message. I clicked on it with great anticipation, thinking to myself, "By golly, Scotty finally gave up on the chain gang and got himself shafted!"

Oh, well....

Well, downloading and printing the stator papers was smart indeed, Scotty, but not as smart as what I was hoping you'd do...

Nick

Comment

Re: Disappointed....

Originally posted by Nick Diaz
        "I Finally Did Something Smart", said Scotty in the title to the previous message. I clicked on it with great anticipation, thinking to myself, "By golly, Scotty finally gave up on the chain gang and got himself shafted!"

Oh, well....

Well, downloading and printing the stator papers was smart indeed, Scotty, but not as smart as what I was hoping you'd do...

Nick
        NiCK
        I am sorry for the delayed reply . I believe that you already know that i have a couple of loose connections in my head; but to respond i just wanted to say that as each day goes by i am getting closer to a Suzuki 1400 intruder as a smooth reliable shaftie for me to ride when i am no longer capable of enjoying the thrills that one gets from extreme acceleration 8O

Comment

Now Nick,
          This is Scotty we're talking about here. Did you really think it was going to be something earth shattering?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay B
            Now Nick,
            This is Scotty we're talking about here. Did you really think it was going to be something earth shattering?

JB here i am trying to have a civil conversation with Mr Diaz and you come along and try to cause trouble

Comment

Well I waited several hours for Simon to say something and he didn't. So I guess it was my turn to pick on you. Blame Simon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay B
                Well I waited several hours for Simon to say something and he didn't. So I guess it was my turn to pick on you. Blame Simon.
                Ill have to agree with you on that JB

Comment

Coming to Scotties defence!!

It is smart to be prepared for all eventuallities. By knowing his electrical system he will more then likely be prepared for 50% of any thing that can go wrong with his bike. GS motors are suberb mechanical marvels, how ever their electrical leaves some thing to be desired.

Comment

Thanks Hank
                    NOw speaking of electrical preparedness--The other day JB and I (yes we are quite friendly off site) WERE DISCUSSING HOW OUR BIKES STARTED TO MISS IN RAIN--HE HAS A STOCK IGNITION AND I HAVE A STOCK IGNITION BUT WITH DYNA COILS. THE WIRES THAT FEED MY COILS ARE EXPOSED SO I JUST THIS WEEK PUT SOME LIQUID NEOPRENE ON THEM TO STOP THE MISSING--IT DIDNT HELP A BIT--JUST A FEW MINUTES AGO MY BUDDY SEAN AND I GOT COUGHT IN A VERY LIGHT SHOWER AND WHAMMO IM BACK TO RUNNING ON 2 CYLINDERS AGAIN. THE WIRES ARE NEW AND HAVE THE RUBBER END CAPS SO NO CRACKED PLASTIC--THE BIKE RAN WELL LAST YEAR ON MY NORTH CAROLINA RUN AND I WAS CAUGHT IN A TERRIBLE DOWN POUR--(((NOW WHAT IS DIFERENT BETWEEN NOW AND THEN)))---WELL IN MY EFFORTS TO CLEAN UP THE APPEARANCE OF THE BATTERY COMPARTMENT, I REMOVED A LARGE RUBBER BOOT FROM A MESS OF SPAGETTI WHEN I WAS DOING A THOROUGH CLEAN AND RECONNECT OF ALL CONNECTORS------I AM NOW SUSPECTING THAT BECAUSE I DIDNT PUT THE BOOT BACK, THAT SOME OF THE WIRES THAT EFFECT IGNITION ARE IN THAT MESS--I WILL NEXT SPRAY CLEAN AND USE A SILICONE SPRAY TO TRY AND FIND OUT IF THAT IS THE PROBLEM SPOT--IF THAT DOESNT WORK, I WILL GET A PIECE OF INNER TUBE AND RECONSTRUCT A NEW BOOT--WISH ME LUCK

Comment

Working...
                    X