aftermarket jetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aftermarket jetting

i have a 83 1100ed with vh 4-1 vh individualair cleanersand mikuni rs36's anyon have any hints

If you aren't already running a Dynojet Stage 3 kit get one. It will have everything you need and specs.

Comment

Don't get a stage 3 if you already have the individual air filters - isn't that most of the cost? How is it running? You should be able to do a decent job of rejetting with what you have and a couple sets of jets and precision washers.

Comment

Mikuni makes an application chart that will tell you what needle and main jet to use for your bike as well as a starting point for adjusting.

Comment

Here try this link

It should help a bit

Comment

Whoops, I didn't notice that you said RS36s. You won't need the washers because those should be adjustable needles. Does Dynojet even make jet kits for aftermarket carbs? I doubt it since it's not needed. You will just have to jet it in correctly. Give us some symptoms and see if we can help.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Lobacz
              Don't get a stage 3 if you already have the individual air filters - isn't that most of the cost? How is it running? You should be able to do a decent job of rejetting with what you have and a couple sets of jets and precision washers.
              You can get the Stage 3 kit with or without the filters. The best part of the kit is the needles. They have six grooves for a wide range of options. You also get several sets of mains and Dynojet used to be pretty good about sending others at no charge if the ones in the kit don't do the job. You also get different slide return springs to quicken throttle response. The kit just takes alot of the guess work out of it.

Comment

Sorry, didn't pay close enough attention to the original post. You have RS carbs so you don't need a jet kit. I'll check my RS manual and see what they recommend as base settings. I'll post that after I find the manual.

Comment

Hey Billy the man got some flatslide smoothbore. I dont believe that there is a jet kit for them. Now I may be wrong but I thought the RS needles were adjustable.

Comment

The manual calls for 130 mains, needle clip down 3 grooves from the top of the needle, and the pilot screws 1/4-1/2 turns out. This should put you in the ballpark.

Comment

Originally posted by HankV
                      Hey Billy the man got some flatslide smoothbore. I dont believe that there is a jet kit for them. Now I may be wrong but I thought the RS needles were adjustable.
                      Hank,
                      You are correct about the needles. I didn't read his original post close enough.

Comment

Ya if you look at the times we were writing the last set of messages at the same time. You just beet me to the submit button.

Comment

aftermarket jetting

thanks for the input. i dropped to a 127.5 mainand tried needle in center and +1 still rich do they make different squirters for the accerator pump

Comment

Re: aftermarket jetting

Originally posted by suz83uki
                            thanks for the input. i dropped to a 127.5 mainand tried needle in center and +1 still rich do they make different squirters for the accerator pump
                            Don't think so on the pump squirters. You can adjust when they kick in and cut out. They should kick in at about 1/4 throttle and cut out at about 3/4 throttle. You can disable them altogether if you get your jetting spot-on.

Comment

Working...
                            X