Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted......tips Or Tricks 4 Cleaning Cases.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted......tips Or Tricks 4 Cleaning Cases.

I just took my cases off and was considering having them chromed but decided against it. Does anyone have any ideas on polishing / cleaning. Or perhaps a product they have used and recomend. Thanks Dan

Mother's

I like Mother's chrome cleaner..It really works well 8)

Comment

First Let me say this. I refinish and build furniture for a living 22 years and counting . when I was faced with this same problem 0n my G S I used liquid stripper the liqued type not the paste. pour it in to a pan and let the cases soak . Then use the finest steel wool available ad wipe it off .If you let it soak for about 5 min. the factory clear coat willcome right off no problem . Then depending on the condition of the cases scratches or whatever use alum . polish or Dupont no 7 and rub till your finger prints are gone If you can get to Sears Roebuck buy abox of polish sticks there is 4 I think to the box and they look like giant crayons. I use these on the flat areas . You will need a variable speed drill and a rag wheel .After bring the cases up to the luster you want go to advance and buy a spray can of ignition wire dryer it will give a nice clear coat that can be removed with gas . Good Luck Richard the finger printless kid

Comment

Polish

I got some Jewlers type rouge(red stick) and a polish stick(white). I used my drill and an arbor bit with a 4 inch wool pad.I buffed over and over again with the red. I then went back over my cases over and over with the white polish. I then finished mine up with Mothers aluminum and mag polish, The Mothers seems to bring it out the rest of the way and also puts a moisture/protectant film on them. It worked well for me, just be Patient!, it does take some time! Good luck!
        Michael

Comment

Thanks to all of you for the input, I hope I can return the fovor. Dan

Comment

Working...
          X