blinkers don't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blinkers don't work

8) We found a new set of blinkers to go on the front of the bike because my grandpa had a big ugly fairing and the blinkers were built into it. anyway we put them on and they don't work. We are gettin power up to the switch but no farther as far as we can tell. we think it may be the switch. Anybody ever have this problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.[/code]

Did the blinkers work when you had the fairing on?If so,when you use the right or left turn signal does your signal indicator light up on your panel.If it does try replacing all the bulbs.If you have one bulb out on each side they won't blink.You could also have a grounding, or connection problem.Try using some WD-40(I love this stuff) on the connections behind the headlamp.Also not sure what you ment by found new blinkers.You could get a meter and chek the Blinkers you have. Hope this helps .

Comment

8) The indicator light does not light up but I will check all the bulbs (the front ones are good). All of the connections are clean and tight and the grounds are good. I didn't get to check the blinkers on the fairing because the bike didn't run and the battery was dead when we took all of that stuff off before we started the mechanical work. We had a problem with the tail light and got that cleared up (dirty switch at the front brake handle). Hope this helps more. :twisted:

Comment

Trial and error. If you're not getting any power fron the switch try spraying some contact cleaner or WD-40 into the switch.If that doesn't work disconnect the turn signal control unit connectors and check for continuity between orange/green and black/blue wires with switch in left position.Then check between orange/green and light green/black wires with switch in right position. you must have continuity when checking wires in those positions and no continuity with switch in center. If not replace the switch .You might want to pick up a Clymer for your bike.Good luck

Comment

dpgreen

hey i heard if you have a bad knee or whatever is ach`n spray some old w-d on there

Comment

devildog

did you check the turn signal flasher?

Comment

Working...
            X