Won't start right away anymore???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't start right away anymore???

Here's something new! I just finished adding a Windjammer SS fairing to my 1100GZ. To attach the fairing to the bracket, I had to unbolt the tank and slide it back a couple of inches. After the weekend, I went to start the bike and when I pressed the starter button, the bike turns over real fast but no fire in the hole! This is with the choke open and not applying any throttle at the grip. Could I have damaged a fuel line or something? After a long while, the bike begins to quietly burp and then finally after about 5 minutes it fires up. What gives?
    Gerry Y.

I'd try the pulse line that goes to the petcock,, it either was flooded from the tank moving or it unhooked,, is it starting normally now? 8O

Comment

Won't start right away

I had thought of the pulse line but haven't had a chance to check it out. Of course this now happens when I have the lower fairings in place and they cover everything under the tank up... I'll be removing them AGAIN to see what I screwed up. But the problem is sporatic... Sometime, the bike fires right up, then other times, it just cranks over. I think, I can smell gas so I am also wondering if it is an electrical problem. I did have one of the colis replaced last week...
      GY :?

Comment

Problem solved!

I'm so proud of myself! I checked under the tank and sure enough, there was a split in the end of the vacuum line leading to the petcock! I clipped the end off and reconnected the line. the bike fired right up! Thanks for the tip!
        GY :P

Comment

Working...
        X