Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help help pls as riding season so very short in finland

hi hi

pls help if you can, i'm in a pretty desperate situation.

i have a suzuki GS 550L 572cc 1983 model grey import from canada, so basically its should be an USA model.
    the carburators are shot, idling is bad, flat spots on the rpm curve and flooding.
    i took it to the local suzuki garage and had them dismantle and clean the carbs and renew all jets and needles.
    they claim they' ve never seen two vacuum driven carbs on a 572cc cause the GSX 550 572cc comes with four carbs and that
    model was the only 572cc imported to finland.

after the work done, idling is reasonable but the engine is still not performing ok, bad response to throttle and
    still flat spots on the curve and plug nr. 3 sooting. the suzuki garage threw in the towel.

could you possibly help me find replacements for the carbs or point me in the right direction to fix
    the problem, i tried sudco in the US and they could not help.

thanking you in advance for your kind help
    heinz

How many miles or kilometers are on the bike.

Comment

How many carbs?

Do you mean four carbs but with vacuum lines to two of them? Is it possible that a previous owner has done some modifications, maybe mixing and matching carbs?

If you need replacements, try Straightline Racing in the UK. They do new and used parts and may be able to help. They're at www.straightlineracing.co.uk. I ordered some stuff from them recently and found them very helpful and fast.

Comment

30k kloms on the clock, original carbs, only TWO, vacuum opens
        valves for more juice at higher rpm. i know its weird, as the same engine on the gsx550 comes with four carbs

regards heinz

Comment

Originally posted by hega
          30k kloms on the clock, original carbs, only TWO, vacuum opens
          valves for more juice at higher rpm. i know its weird, as the same engine on the gsx550 comes with four carbs

regards heinz
          I doubt your carbs are worn out with only 30k kloms on the bike and the US 550 in about 85 had 2 carbs rather than 4. Anyway, since only #3 is sooty and 1 carb supplies to both 3 and 4 then I would suggest that problem is not carb related, but possible a bad plug, plug wire, cap, bad valve, incorrect valve adjustment. Basically anything that only relates to #3 cylinder.

Comment

Working...
          X