X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know?

Does anyone know what the max rated output of the stator is
    for a 79 GS750? My book shows the current draw for all the
    electrical accessories, but it doesnt give the capacity of the stator.

Earl
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Don't know about your '79 Earl, but my '85 700 puts out 310 watts. I would venture to guess yours would be at least 250.

Comment

Thanks Billy, that gives me a place to start. I want to make
      some lighting changes and its kind of nice to have some idea
      of what I have to work with. :-) Hmmmmm gotta get busy
      and check the current draw on my 2 million candlepower
      driving light. heh heh

Earl

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
      Don't know about your '79 Earl, but my '85 700 puts out 310 watts. I would venture to guess yours would be at least 250.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Billy In 1982 they upgraded the 1100g to 245 watts from the previous 1100 which were inthe range of 225 this info came from a test Cycle guide did on my bike in 82 they were really excited about the increased wattage whupp te doo . I wish mine did have 300 watts then I could go and get me some of them big lights and go snipe hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Pickette
          Billy In 1982 they upgraded the 1100g to 245 watts from the previous 1100 which were inthe range of 225 this info came from a test Cycle guide did on my bike in 82 they were really excited about the increased wattage whupp te doo . I wish mine did have 300 watts then I could go and get me some of them big lights and go snipe hunting.
          Then Earl more than likely has the 225 watt stator. None of the Suzuki literature states the stator output on my bike, it came from a Cycle Guide road test as well. I don't have any trouble running a 100 watt high beam.

Comment

Hi Billy I dont have any problems with mine either but I tell you these new sport bikes have headlights from Hell !! they have to be putting out more than mine

Comment

So, I probably can count on about 200 watts if I figure I might lose a little due to old electrical wiring/connections. That should be enough since horn, turn signals and brake light are only intermittant usage.

Earl

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
              Originally posted by Richard Pickette
              Then Earl more than likely has the 225 watt stator. None of the Suzuki literature states the stator output on my bike, it came from a Cycle Guide road test as well. I don't have any trouble running a 100 watt high beam.

Comment

It would be some where in that range all the wire guages are on the small size on these bikes and the individual wires them selves are really to small After twenty years of oxidation and God knows what else mine were so bad I had to build a new harness

Comment

Working...
                X