Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignition, CDI troubles......HELP!!!

I think my CDI is faulty on my 1984 GS1150ES
    I was wondering if the Dyna S ignition system replaces the igniter unit(cdi). The oem cdi is $635cdn. I can get the Dyna S ignition system and two green coils for $184us. I think I have white dyna coils now. I looked on the dyna site and they do not list white coils, are they possibly the grey or the brown? anybody give me some insight please

thanx

Chris McCarron

Hi Chris,
    Take a look under your points cover and make a note of what soft of stuff you've got under there. Then phone up Dyna and ask them what they think. I emailed them once and got a reply two weeks later...

Steve

Comment

Dyna S & Coils

Hi Chris, I have a GS 1100 I have used Dyna S & Green coils for years w/dyna wires both in Drag racing and street riding, they are easy to install and once set you can forget them.
      I have gotten my Dyna parts from Star Racing, they are in Georgia
      Star Racing sells horsepower for 2007-2020 Harley Davidson motorcycles, Twin Cam and Milwaukee 8. High Performance Parts, specializing in camshafts designed by George Bryce. Mail order only. Located in the United States. Email george@starracing.com for more information

Good Luck, Ron Garske
      kimberly@arkansas.net

Comment

I have to wait for my brother in law to get home from Chicago to check for the other CDI box. I keep all my spare parts at his place because he was redoing his 1150. I will e-mail you this week end.

Comment

Working...
        X