Synchonation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synchonation

I have a 1982 gs850 L is there any way to sychronize the carburators without a manometer? The screws came loose from vibration.

I BELIEVE THAT THE SYNCHRONIZATION CAN BE DONE WITH A FEELER GUAGE- BUT I JUST THINK THAT I READ IT SOMEWHERE I DONT REMEMBER HOW

Comment

Re: Synchonation

Originally posted by DD
      I have a 1982 gs850 L is there any way to sychronize the carburators without a manometer? The screws came loose from vibration.
      Yes, you can get in the ball park. If you have a manual it should have the static adjustment, but to accurately set your carbs you will need either a manometer or set of vacuum gauges. IMO

Comment

i used a drill bit between the slide and carb bore to sync them, not the greatest way but it does run pretty smooth

Comment

Re: Synchonation

Originally posted by moto_dan
          Originally posted by DD
          Yes, you can get in the ball park. If you have a manual it should have the static adjustment, but to accurately set your carbs you will need either a manometer or set of vacuum gauges. IMO
          I HAVE A SET OF VACUME GUAGES AND THEY ARE GOOD. BUT IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY, GET THE MANOMETER TYPE. I BELIEVE THEY ARE MORE PRESICE

Comment

also you can stick a 3/8 hose about 2 foot long in your ear the other end in the carb with air filters removed and listen how loud the hiss is and adjust till they sound exactly the same, this way works quite well.

Comment

Bad ears

Since my hearing is not all that great I use the manometer. Best way to do it I think.

Comment

Working...
              X