Rack from 850 fit an 1100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rack from 850 fit an 1100?

Hi, does anyone know whether a luggage rack from a GS850 would fit an on a 1100GZ? There a brand new one on eBay that looks like it would fit. It is a TravelLite modular unit.
    Thanks in advance
    GY

Re: Rack from 850 fit an 1100?

Originally posted by Gerryy
    Hi, does anyone know whether a luggage rack from a GS850 would fit an on a 1100GZ? There a brand new one on eBay that looks like it would fit. It is a TravelLite modular unit.
    Thanks in advance
    GY
    If the 850 is a GS850GZ (82) or GS850GD (83), it will definitely fit. If it's an earlier model, I'm not sure. Maybe or maybe not. Wish I could be more definitive.

Nick

Comment

Rack reply

Nick, thanks for the reply. I think I will bit on the rack, it is looking like it will got pretty cheap. It is adjustable acording to the description so Here's hoping
      Have a great holiday!
      GY

Comment

It should fit . if you need a set of mounting brackets to go on either side of the tail section e mail me and I will send them to you.

Comment

850 luggafe rack

Hey Richard, thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, I emailed the seller of the rack and I have learded it is from a GS 850GLZ not a GZ. Too bad. It looked like a really nice piece. Under $50 too.
          GY

Comment

rack

I will try and find the rack you are talking about on E bay. I have a nice K@G rack it fits my 1100G well but its still a universal rack . This rack you are looking at probably just needs takeing to a good mach,shop and have them make up some side mounts.Most all of them used the top shock bolt to mount an arm to the rest can be worked out .Ihave a Harley tour box mounted on mine its got a detachable mounting system with a key and two spring loaded slides ,it can be taken off in less than 20 seconds . I guess what I am saying is I would buy it anyway , and adapt it . GOOD LUCK.

Comment

Hey Richard, thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, I emailed the seller of the rack and I have learded it is from a GS 850GLZ not a GZ. Too bad. It looked like a really nice piece. Under $50 too.
              GY

If it's off a GS850GLZ, then it will fit. This bike is a 1982 "L" model 850, and the rack will fit an 82 standard 850, therefore an 1100. Get it, Gerry. Hope it isn't too late to bid.

N

Comment

Working...
              X