Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a name for your bike? I need one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a name for your bike? I need one.

Hi,

I have looked through the baby book of names, but to no avail. The names Fred, Freddy, John, Johnny, Ralph, etc. really aren't doing it for me. Although, Ralph did seem kind of funny.

Will you please give me some suggestions? GS1100

I'm trying to think of something that suggests, Lear Jet, 747, Fast, Big, Comfortable, Friend, Reliable, Fun, Serious, etc., all of the things my bike is to me.

Thanks,

Tim

I call my GS1150 the Tractor cause it doesn't give a sh#t what gear it is in or what revs it is doing it just goes like a scalded cat.Does that help?
    Dink

Comment

Bike's name

hey there, I have a GS1100 also. Since it is big and white. My imaginative friend came up with "the Great White" as in the movie Jaws. From there, I settled on the name "Bruce" that's what Steven Spielberg called the mechanical shark!!!
      GY

Comment

name

Funny...I thought I was the only nut who named all of his bikes! First bike was Emile. We rode from Houston to Atlanta together to get that name. Kept seeing "mile"markers...thus Emile...This girl (82 1100E) is big red and mean but soft and sweet. I call her Lita, after the WWF red head of same name..hot, but she will kick your A**. just a suggestion. dh in Houston

Comment

I call mine Marsha

As in Marsha Brady... Why???

Cuz she is hot, sexy, and everything I wanted when I was 16...

hehehehe

Comment

Names

Lets see,
            The 1979 GS 1000 S we call 'Wes' (go figure!)
            the 1980 GS 1000 E has a sweet Hannigan fairing that withstood a deer hit and we call her 'Turbo Bambi'
            the 1981 GS 1100 S Katana we call 'Mufasa' (character from 'Lion King' movie and my aircrew handle in the USAF)
            and the 1982 GSX 1100 EZ is 'Conan' because he really is a barbarian beast.
            Haven't named the GSX 1100 F Katana since it is still complete but without an engine and ain't goin nowhere soon.

Comment

8) I have affectionately named my 82 650GL "sunnuvabitch", because I am always muttering "you son of a bitch" while I'm working on her!

Comment

Bike Names

I call my '82 GS750TZ "The Estimable Mrs Smith". She's old and very respectable and I think it suits her.

Comment

I call my baby Suzi(I'm actuly having custom "Suzi" decals made to replace the mundane "Suzuki" gas tank emblems). When she's giving me a hard time(a recent bout with gas leaking out of carb #4) she gets called all sorts of femenine derogatory names that I can't post here.

I don't know about the rest of the users here but I couldn't name my bike anything masculine.

"I'm gonna' go wrap my legs around Randy and enjoy my day off" 8O

I don't think so.....

Comment

Name Game

I bought my bike ('83 450TX) from a guy who had originally bought it for his wife to ride (he had a Honda), but she didn't put more than 300 miles on it before it was stored in their garage until I got it.

Anyway, he kept an extra key for it that was labeled as his and the extra. This key is the one I use when I ride and it is permanently stamped with the words "Larry's Key."

So I started calling the my bike "Larry."

Comment

My sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl at about the time that I was beginning an engine swap on my bike. Does eveybody know the little story about 'Uncle John's Hammer'? It goes like this:

This is my Uncle John's Hammer. I've replaced the handle a couple of times and the head fell off years ago so I put on a new one. This is my Uncle John's Hammer.

I've changed so many major parts over the years that my bike is now named 'Uncle John's Hammer'. Hammer for short.

My second bike donated the engine and front forks and will give up more stuff down the road. Up here, in the Greek restaurants, there is a type of sandwich made that has two names. One name is Doner; the other name is Gyro. Because this bike donates all it's organs, I've named it 'Gyro'.

The big lump at the back of the garage (85 GS750S, which is up for sale as parts by the way) is affectionately called 'The Green Monster'.

So now you've met my family.

Comment

Working...
                      X