Volt/Reg Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volt/Reg Solution

I hate to admit it GS riders.....but Honda is good for something,the honda regulater is a good switch,easy to do (had mine done in under an hour w/plenty of brewskies)Keep m tween the ditches lads n lasses............Sudz

You use a Honda rectifier/regulator? What GS do you ride and wear would I get the regulator? I appreciate it and glad to hear it's working for you.
    -Sean

Comment

The Electrex is the best solution. All in one unit and produces gobs of energy. They are priced cheaper than the originals and mount in the place of the old reg/rectifyer. Just make sure you don't modify the connectors. I did and it took me a while to figure out why it wasn't charging.

Comment

A Honda reg\rectifier from Honda CB400T or CB400 from aprox. '78-81 will work. In fact, the one I put on my '78 GS750 bolted to the bottom of the battery box to the pre-drilled and tapped holes! It was almost as if it was made for the bike. 8)
        Kevin
        E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
        "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
        Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

They tell me CX500/650 reg/rec will do just the same job.I will be able to tell you in a few weeks.

Comment

I've used the CX500 regulator on GS400:s and GS1100:s, no problem !
            More info on my site.

Comment

Ive been running a Honda regulator for years. came off a 500 or a 750 something also an 1980 vintage(aproximately)

Comment

Working...
              X