Which tyre size GS1000G and other questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which tyre size GS1000G and other questions

My maintenance book says for rear tyre : 4.50 V 17 -4 PR what does that mean, it should be something like 160/80R17....
    Which fork oil level? My book says 213 cm3... What is corresponding elevation?
    Brake swap information needed too. Which more piston and better brake would fit my gs1000g (1979) ?
    Thank you

130/90-140/90 is about the biggest you will get into your swingarm.1cm3 is equal to 1millilitre does that help?Some of the first model GSXR (those with 18 inch front wheels)calipers will swap over with just a small spacer required,the only other way to do it is to go for a complete (almost any model) GSXR front end,forks, triple clamps, master cylinder, wheel, caliper,guard and all.
    Dink

Comment

Check out the following site :

Find your domain name at HugeDomains. Start using this domain right away.

For a GS1100 It gives a front size of 100/90-19 and a rear size of 130/90-17

Digno

Comment

Rear tire size limit

A good friend of mine owns a 1982 GS1100GK. He had Dunlop Cruisemax tires installed at both ends. The Cruisemax available in 16-in size is a 140/90-16; it barely has enough clearance. Nothing rubs, according to him, but one can tell there isn't much more room in there.

I stick to 130/90-16 on the rear of my GK, and 130/90-17 when I install the GS850G spare wheel I've kept. Right now on the front I have a Bridgestone S-11, size 100/90-19. I've also run a 110/90-19 S-11 with no problem.

Nick

Comment

Fork Oil level

You say 1 cm3 equals 0.1 mm, this does not help me much because I do not know from I have to measure. :? from the top end then I will have to know what is the exact length of the inner tube...
          Than k you to help me more...
          Olivier

Comment

Howdy!

Just an effort to bring this info up front again. I've been recommended by the local GS shop (Kai Hansen, Oslo, Norway) using Metzeler ME88 130/90B17 rear and Metzeler Lasertec 100/90-19M front, however, I'm not sure what speed rating is recommended, H or V.

The ME88 is by Metzeler considered a Custom Touring tyre with harder center/softer sides to prolong tyre life without losing the lean-in grip.

The Lasertec is grouped under Sport Touring and is basically built for older (like ours) sporting bikes, thus the sizes available.

If anyone has other experiences on tyres with this particular bike (GS1000G(T)), please let me know.

Your's, (-:b

Comment

Working...
            X