will a GPz cafe fairing fit a gs1100ex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will a GPz cafe fairing fit a gs1100ex?

i've looked around for a suitalbe nose fairing for my bike and i like the look of the 1983 GPz 550/750 one.anyone tried adapting one(they both have square headlights).
    also,if the readership could direct me to a catalogue where i could peruse said fairing styles ,merci beaucoup

:twisted: breton

Try the following link.
    AirTech has the motorcycle fairings, fenders, tail sections, seats, and gas fuel tanks you are looking for!

Comment

Re: will a GPz cafe fairing fit a gs1100ex?

Originally posted by breton
      i've looked around for a suitalbe nose fairing for my bike and i like the look of the 1983 GPz 550/750 one.anyone tried adapting one(they both have square headlights).
      also,if the readership could direct me to a catalogue where i could peruse said fairing styles ,merci beaucoup

Funny you should ask that! I have wanted to do the same thing. I saw a GPz fairing on a GS1100EX on the cover of the old Cycle Guide magazine (no longer in print). It was on a twin turbocharged 1100 and it looked like it was made for the bike.

There are two fairing out there, one for the GPz550 and one for the GPz1100. The 1100 fairing is a little bit larger, I believe. I bought a GPz550 fairing and had it painted when I painted the rest of my bike but never got the hardware to mount it. The Suzuki headlight is not the same size as the GPz500, it is off just a little. Most people would not notice the difference, but being the anal guy I am I am now looking for a GPz550 headlight bucket to replace the Suzuki and just look a little more stock. I have a diagram with the mounting hardware. This may be the biggest challange to putting the fairing on. You will have to fabricate brackets that can withstand the wind force at highway speeds and above.

Hap

Comment

hey hap,great minds think alike but anyway..my sister has an '82 GPz 550 sittin in my parents garage,was there this w/e checking her bike out(mint condition 30,000kms).i wonder if she'd notice if i "borrowed"it for awhile!her being a cop,i don't think i could pull it off. i guess my best bet is to check the local boneyards fer a trashed 82 550.

Comment

Working...
        X