Is Anyone using a Fork Brace??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Anyone using a Fork Brace??

Is it worth it ?? Does It actually improve the handling as they state that it does??? Thanks for the input

There is a fork brace on Dink's Tractor, he tells me this is standard equipment for that model. I think anything that will help reduce flex in the forks/front-end has got to help with handling. When I was racing bikes fork braces were fitted and deemed to aid in bike safety. If you are having handling problems now check all your bearings and bushes to be sure there is not a problem there first.

Comment

Jean
      is dink referring to the fork brace that comes standard under the front mud guard??

Comment

Originally posted by SLOWPOKE
        Jean
        is dink referring to the fork brace that comes standard under the front mud guard??
        Yes he is but he tells me that it is heavier on the 1150 than on previous models and thus does the same job as one that you would fit yourself

Comment

I run a solid aluminium fork brace on the old 1978 GS1000. It definitely stiffens up the front, most noticeable at high speed and rough roads (normal Australian roads!). For sane or easier riding it would be a plus but not essential.

Comment

Hi Saaz,

Welcome to here. Whereabouts in Oz are you?

Kim
            I'm really on posting this to have three Aussies in a row. :-)

Comment

Yes a fork brace will help.
              Kim saaz is in Canberra and I am answering for him to make it four Aussies in a row
              Dink

Comment

Yes, I am in canberra. Just been locked out of here for a while and haven't had the chnace to check back in.....I just need riding time in between work. and other things....

John

Comment

I run a folk brace on my S but not on the E. When pushed hard into corners the forks tend to walk. Another trick to getting the 2valves to handle is to put a very sticky tyre on the front and a harder compound on the rear and then power slide it around the corners. This works well for me
                  I am also an aussie. I am I Brisbane

Regards
                  Mick

Comment

HEY DINK
                    WITH ALL OF THESE AUSSIES IN THE FORUM SHOULD I CALL THIS AN INVASION OR A BLOODY INVASION??? (((WHATEVER THAT MEANS))

Comment

I would call yourselves quite lucky Slowpoke, mate, cobber!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mick GS1000
                        I run a folk brace on my S but not on the E. When pushed hard into corners the forks tend to walk. Another trick to getting the 2valves to handle is to put a very sticky tyre on the front and a harder compound on the rear and then power slide it around the corners. This works well for me
                        I am also an aussie. I am I Brisbane

Regards
                        Mick
                        Hey Mick,

Welcome to here.

Dr.Shifty

Comment

Thank you for the welcome I was on the old gs list but I don't get back here that often

Mick

Comment

That piece of metal under the fender is a brace? I have only had 3 of the 4 bolts holding mine on since I bought it and I have a wobble every time I change lanes. I'll have to find another bolt...

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
                              That piece of metal under the fender is a brace? I have only had 3 of the 4 bolts holding mine on since I bought it and I have a wobble every time I change lanes. I'll have to find another bolt...

Steve
                              IM NOT ANY GOOD AT TWISTIES BUT SOME OF THE BETTER RIDERS SAY THAT MOST GS BIKES WILL WOBBLE IN TURNS EVEN IF ALL THE BOLTS ARE THERE 8O 8O

Comment

Working...
                              X