New Feeling!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Feeling!

Guys and Gals, While riding over the weekend I noticed a new feeling. I was running down the road at about 60mph when I satred noticing that,when I let off the throttle it was if I instantly geared down to 4th or something.Almost like it was in a strain looking for another gear :roll:
    This has never happened before, I did theses checks, plugs-ok, gear oil-ok,wheelbearings-ok I assume, brakes-ok (squeak some),brake fluid a little low in front-(added fluid and bled). Still does this, Please give me your wisdom, this is a new problem.Michael Howard.
    821100G

I suggest checking out the carb diaghrams,you may have a split or torn one.
    Dink

Comment

This may be the way your bike is supposed to run. When you let off the gas with CV carbs, it is supposed to feel like you hit the kill switch. Slightly dirty carbs, on the other hand, tend to throttle down gradually and often have an uneven idle that settles down only after a few seconds at a complete stop. A thorough cleaning of the pilot system will eventually solve this, but I have no idea why it causes this symptom. Does this sound like what you are talking about? Have you been running a little carb cleaner in your tank?

Comment

Don, I have'nt ran any carb cleaner in my tank. I have heard different stories on carb cleaners on bikes. Some say do and some say it will damage things. I guess I could try some. It does sound like the problem, seems to be in a strain the second I let off the gas. Michael

Comment

Working...
        X