Help identifying replaced stator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identifying replaced stator?

:roll: I know this is a long shot but....The P.O. of my bike had the stator replaced 2 yrs ago (at a Suzuki dealer)
    He said it cost him $700 Canadian! He had no idea who made the stator.Any way to tell if they just put in another Suzuki part..(Doh!) Or something better?It has the 3 yellow wires ,not different colours.I dont remember any labels when i had it out over the winter to fix a crack in the stator cover.I guess the first one lasted 18 yrs, and it was replaced while still working (bad trouble shooting!)
    so it wouldnt be the end of the world...It also puts out a hair over 14v from idle up to 5k rpm,and doesnt seem to be boiling my (brand new last wk) battery.
    Thanks!
    Steve
    82 1100GK

stator

Sounds like one fron Ricks in Dennis Kirt Their reg , assemblys come with yellow wires going back to the stator .

Comment

Sounds like one fron Ricks in Dennis Kirt Their reg , assemblys come with yellow wires going back to the stator .
      The one I got from Electrex has yellow leads as well. The color of the protective substance on the windings is/was blue.

Comment

thanks for the replies guys!
        Does anybody know for sure if a new SUZUKI stator has yellow wires?
        Or was everyone smart enough to buy something else?
        steve

Comment

stator

The stock one has different colored wires , But it does not make any difference how you hook them up to the reg . all three carry the same amount of ac voltage

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Rydall
            thanks for the replies guys!
            Does anybody know for sure if a new SUZUKI stator has yellow wires?
            Or was everyone smart enough to buy something else?
            steve
            If the stator or regulator has yellow wires it is aftermarket, the genuine Suzuki one has black wires with a white stripe down it.

Comment

Thanks again

Guess that means its aftermarket!

steve

Comment

Working...
              X