82-850GLZ Where is the Idle Adjust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82-850GLZ Where is the Idle Adjust?

I need to tweak up the Idle on my 82 850GLZ. For the life of me I cannot find the Idle adjustment. The bike has a choke adjustment lever under the left grip on the handle bar. There does not seem to be any thumb screw like there is on my 550.
    Thanks for any insight on this.
    Mike N.

there is a little screw up between #2 and #3 carb at the rear get atorch and shine it in there and you should see it
    Dink

Comment

Originally posted by Dink
      there is a little screw up between #2 and #3 carb at the rear get atorch and shine it in there and you should see it
      Dink
      Watch out using that torch I'd probably use a flashlight

Comment

idle adjuster

The adjuster is at the bottom/middle of the carb bank, as others have said. You might do your initial adjustments with the air filter box OFF, but then you may need to do more adjustments later, so you need to know where to put your hand. To get a feel for the adjuster with the airbox in place, make sure the engine is COLD before you stick your hand in there the first time.

Ron Martin
        82 Gs1100G
        "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
        Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

You can also try wearing gloves. I sometimes wear my thin summer gloves to make the adjustment when the bike is hot.

Comment

Thanks Guys

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction everybody!
            So let me get this right, I wear a glove a welding helmet feel around between 2 & 3 and use a torch.
            I'm on it! 8O
            Mike N.

Comment

You've got it! I never thought of the welding gloves, but's a great idea. And I even have a couple of pairs in the basement

One small point...if you use the British/Aussie "torch" is has batteries and a small bulb to give dim light..if you are going to use an American "torch" I recommend a flak jacket too. It'll be a blast.
              "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
              Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Working...
              X