X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hot wires

the plug where the r/r plugs in gets hot have cleaned it
    but still gets hot

WHERE IS THE PLUG LOCATED AND ARE YOU HAVING CHARGING PROBLEMS??

Comment

hot wires

Scotty has almost certainly nailed the problem. You need to check ALL the connections on the bike, because they deteriorate over time and that creates resistance. With several poor connections things may still work, but the electrical draw can overload the charging system, and then it fails.
      Unfortunately, if you have the original Suzuki system, it may be ready to fail anyway.

I haven't checked today's new version of the site yet, but we should still have a section called The Stator Papers. Arm yourself with a good volt-ohmmeter (VOM), print out these pages, and check your bike, cleaning connections as you go. Pay particular attention to battery ground and fuse-box.

Follow the instructions in sequence....jumping ahead may cause faulty results.

By the way, if you should need a new r/r, our site Sponsor, Electrex, makes a better one than the original and they don't just sell it to you, they give a guarantee on it.
      Good luck.
      "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
      Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

You can say that again. any hot wires you find replace the bullet connectors with new ones. i melted 2 fuse blocks before I figured that one out!!!

Comment

Working...
        X