foot controls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

foot controls?

Has anyone tried to put footcontrols further forward with any luck? I am 6'3" and I really need to streach out my legs on this bike. If any one has successfully completed this I would love some input on it. I saw the footpegs and controls from newer Intruder for sale on Ebay once. They look like they might work if the frame span is close. Does anybody know for sure??

Forward controls

I posted the same question several monthes ago and got no response. I don't think anyone out there knows. I did see a set of forward type controls on a bike in the gallery and I emailed the owner but got no response. Looks like you and I are going to have to make a set. Either that or try to adapt some from another bike. I've been playing around with some wood mock ups but so far no luck.

Comment

I was going to try to adapt a set from a harley but every set I find on ebay goes for about $150 or more. Check out this guys Suzuki. I've tried to email him and the site owner with no response http://www.geocities.com/cornfed63/bubbabike.html

Comment

Damn shame what they did to that bike

Comment

Try 6'7"

DJ,
          Let me know if you find anything out. I'm 6'7, and trust me - I feel your pain. Maybe I can find some way of designing a pivoting forward control system that will work off the front axle?

Just kidding (about the front axle that is!)

Dave

Comment

Big Boys

Dang we getting some big ole boys here in the GS Resources. What little playing around I have done trying to figure out some forward controls brings me to the one problem with it. Getting around the the cases. That seems to be the hardest part.

Comment

forward foot controls

I am currently trying to rescue a 1981 GS 1000G. It had a fairing and saddle bags with floor boards and floor board controls. I believe these controls were not factory. I want to either install factory controls or forward controls. I have not owned a bike for the last 17 years so I am from current. would appreciate any advice

Comment

Working...
              X