gs750 and 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs750 and 1100

A friend of mine found a 750 l on the side of the road in baskets I am curious to know if the engines are only different in the bore and stroke? All of the cases and external parts look the same the head has 16 valves . I think after going thruogh everything it is a complete bike. It looks like someone lost intrest in a project.

Lucky find , I do know that the 750 uses many of the same parts as the 1100, in fact it is the same head as far as my research shows, (except for the size of the valves). I would be very interested in any more answers from those in the know. I would love to stroke my 750 with an 1100 crank!
    Combine that with an 816 piston kit and I could have a 900cc or so sleeper

Comment

Hispl

the info about the 750 head is quite interesting--In the event your research is accurate, then an old 1100 4 valve could possibly prove to be a real upgrade in the horse power area--pleas tell me more about what you know of this compatibility.

Comment

From shopping around I've found that everything in the head that you can buy for an 1100/1000 has the same part #'s as its corresponding 750 part, except for the size of the valves which are obviously bigger on the liter bikes. I've never actually fitted a head to my 750 but I can show that the cam bearings are in the same place, the cam timing is the same, the cam chain is the same size and length, and the rockers are the same. So the head is probably the exact same casting. And why wound't it be. That would make production costs cheaper to make one head for three models of engine.... I would love to see this develop into a compatibility/exchange list between these bikes. It would be really cool to find out that the only difference is in the jugs, pistons, and clutch. :P

Onward with the sleeper 750

Comment

If you say the head has diferent size valves then the part number from the head must be diferent-this leads me to think that the combustion chamber diameter would be too large--and the valves might not clear the sleves or even may colide with the piston--it is very thought provoking--HAS ANY ONE ELSE LOOKED INTO THIS COMPATABILITY THING??

Comment

Working...
          X