Progressive fork springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progressive fork springs?

Has anyone tried Progressive fork springs on a GS? I have installed them in Goldwings, but never in a sportier application. I have an 80 GS 1100E BTW. I wonder if those damping adjusters(?) would have an impact?

I had aset on my gs1100e (79)model. They seem to help alot. Plan to put them on my 1100GZ soon.

Michael

Comment

i have them on my 1100ed i like a firm ride--but i am not much in the twisties and never do that type of riding--i also have an aftermarket front fork brace and i really think unless a person will be doing some serious twisties the mods are of no value-but then i ride like an old man. 8O

Comment

Are you talking about the ones that can be adjusted while your are riding? Where do i get some, my fork is gonna need a rebuild any way soon.

Comment

Yes, I put some on my '78 GS750. A noticeable improvement. The front end rides a little higher and doesn't dive as much during braking. A worthwhile investment. Now if I can just open my wallet enough to replace those 24 year-old shocks..... 8)
          Kevin
          E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
          "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
          Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

fork springs

Folks,
            This sounds like a reoccuring theme through out this site! I know this improvement is not inexpensive but when you are finished you will be just so amazed! Just a scant 2years ago I toughed it up and got a set of Koni 7610 shocks for the rear and a set of the lesser expensive progressive front fork springs. While about it I renewed the front wheel,steering head and fork seals. In the fork I used 15wt oil,one weight up from stock. While doing the rear same same for the wheels! The ride is so great on the{79 GS850GN} bike ,it rides much better than my TL 1000!!!!!!!
            Yes it is an expensive update but friends at best OEM shocks are good for about two years! Most of the bikes talked about on this list are 20 or more years old!!!!! When its time for a long ride or when the wife wants to go out for a spin,we are on the 850G,let the TL rest! Take carre save up do them justice the bikes deserve it!

Comment

Working...
            X