How to make the carbs shiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make the carbs shiny?

I'm polishing my motor sidecovers and caps, now I can take the topcovers and the floatbowls? off the carbs and polish them but the main body looks dull and a bit greasy.
    Since I can't get into all the little nooks and crannys how can I clean the carb body as much as possible?
    Since I live in the Netherlands I possibly won't be able to buy the brands you might suggest but I need to know what type of product I could use.

The easiest way to get them polished is to send them away for a process called electropolishing.
    Dink

Comment

Who does this process? And is it expensive?

Comment

I use an electric toothbrush and Brasso (metal polish.)

Comment

Can I just use a normal toothbrush and the Brasso ?

Comment

Sure you can. I find it easier to use the electric one because you don't have to move it as much. It vibrates enough to work the oxide out. Some of the tighter areas won't allow a lot of movement.

Comment

Thanks for the advise everyone, I now have shiny cabs
              I used a toothbrush and a product like Brasso except it was called Silvo and is normally used to polish silver and other metals like brass.
              Now I'm gonna take the top and bottom caps off and polish them too, would go nice with my new shiny K&N's.

Comment

Working...
              X