Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is my GS 1000 G model

Hello,
    I own a GS 1000 G bike from 1979 (that`s what the official papers say). I wanted to order a seat cover (mine is very bad condition) at JCwhitney.com, I ordered the following

06ZX1076T : 1980 - 1981 Suzuki GS Models 1000G (T-X) One-piece Replacement Seat Upholstery.

Does anybody know if it will fit my bike??? I thought GS 1000 G just begun in 1980, but mine is from 1979, the engine is really gs 100 g...
    Thank you.

Gs 1000 G

The first year model for the 1000 G is 1980. The Mfg.date started, I think in Sept. 1979. Seat cover should work

Comment

GS 1000 G year

My GS 1000 G was first on the road in August 1979...
      That ia what my registration papers say...
      Any clue?

Comment

If yours is a shaft-drive model that does not have a chrome rear fender it should work.

Comment

I don't know what you mean by official papers but, if you look on your frame where the forks attatch you'll find your vin number stamped on the frame.you'll also find a sticker right next to it and, that will have the manufacturers date on it.I don't know what year they started making the gs1000gbut, mine says april 1980 for the manu. date. I used a seat from a 79 gs850 and it fits fine.Everything lines up and it locks but, there is a small gap in the back where it meets the cover for the tail light.you should check out the model info on the home page also.Hope this helps out.

Comment

Working...
          X