This ever happen to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This ever happen to you?

So there I was riding to work in the morning doing my usual 72 in a 55 and I spy a motorcycle coming the other way on the four lane highway I'm on. Well I give him the wave and he waves back, but as he goes by I notice its's a state trooper! 8O 8O So here I am doing 17 over the speed limit and trying to flag him down. 8O It's a miracle, but he didn't stop me. Safe Riding, Bill

I've noticed that in general motor cops are a bit more laid back than the officers stuck in the cages all day. I had a simmilar occurence late one night , but niether of us was on a bike. I was trucking my old 450 back from college an when I got to the center of my home town a young lady in a tube top and short shorts waved to me and I blew right threw a red light .it was late and there was no other traffic, so not a big deal right? Wrong. sitting in a cruiser at the curb on the other side of the intersection was one of the local boys. I figured he had me deaed to rights so I pulled over a few feet in front of him and turned on the dome light and got out my liscence an reg. Turns out th officer was one of my dad's buddies. When he walked up to the window he said " yeah, I saw her too, now quit wasting my time and say hi to your folks for me". It's good to have friends in the right places

Comment

Years ago I was travelling North of Los Angeles Ca on hy 99 about 4AM
      high beans on flying low 85-90 mph had a CHP cruiser pull up along side and tell me to slow down over his loud speaker. There not all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dex
        I've noticed that in general motor cops are a bit more laid back than the officers stuck in the cages all day. I had a simmilar occurence late one night , but niether of us was on a bike. I was trucking my old 450 back from college an when I got to the center of my home town a young lady in a tube top and short shorts waved to me and I blew right threw a red light .it was late and there was no other traffic, so not a big deal right? Wrong. sitting in a cruiser at the curb on the other side of the intersection was one of the local boys. I figured he had me deaed to rights so I pulled over a few feet in front of him and turned on the dome light and got out my liscence an reg. Turns out th officer was one of my dad's buddies. When he walked up to the window he said " yeah, I saw her too, now quit wasting my time and say hi to your folks for me". It's good to have friends in the right places
        Dex there are red lights and then there are RED LIGHTS.
        You are supposed to watch the ones that change colour :twisted:
        Dink has a similiar problem though, I can't remember how many times I have had to "Remind" him to take notice of the "Traffic lights" 8O

Comment

The cops on Bikes are for the most part VERY COOL 8)

Comment

I once pass a patrol car on the side of the road and was flashing cars to slow down... one was another patrol car 8O

Comment

I took off from a light one day "a little briskly", and then I saw the cop on the bike. 8O S#!t! SHE pulled up beside me and just waved he finger at me! Whew! I was Mr. Speed Limit the rest of the way to work!
              Kevin
              E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
              "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
              Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

I was riding down the road near my house one day and I pulled up next to another bike that I knew was a cop. I was trying to check out his bike, not like I wanted to race or anything. He held up his hands to remind me that it was fifty five, and then he took off.

Comment

Nice Policeman

I was riding home from work one summer morning (night shift) and wasn't really going too fast over the speed limit. When I passed a piloce care heading the other way. After it had past me, it stopped quickly and spun around and came chasing after me. i saw it in the mirrow and started to pull over, thinking he had just got a call. Well, He pulled in behind me with light flashing and I stopped. Thinking "Ah great!, another ticket!" Well the guy got out, stepped over to me and my bike, and said" Hey man, your jacket sleeve was dangling off the back of your seat!" I said oh my! Thanks for telling me! He talked to me for about 5 minutes about riding bikes (he had a Harley) and then he went on his way!
                  Nice guy, I think to this day!
                  GY

Comment

On a video put out by Mike Cinqmars (freestyle) , a cop pulled over to his bus and let him ride the patroll Harley. I thought that was very cool.

Comment

I was headed down the highway one night about 2am when I noticed in my mirrors, a pair of headlights catching up to me at a rapid rate. Usually, that wouldnt have meant much except this time my speedo was indicating around 95 mph. Well, the
                      headlights get fairly close and then a flashing blue light gets turned on. I pull over, stop and the deputy pulls in right behind me, jumps out of his patrol car, runs up to me, and says, "a convenience store was just robbed and the two guys got away in
                      a jeep. Did a jeep pass you in the last few minutes?" I said, no,
                      no one has passed me. The officer ran back to his car and burned rubber leaving. :-)

Earl
                      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                      X