carb update for 83 gs1100 -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb update for 83 gs1100 -

need to know what stock suzi carbs will replace my 83 gs1100 es cv carbs - i have updated with pipe and air pods so now need more gas - I thought i read that gsxr1100 36mm cv carbs are a direct bolt on and add to low and midrange - i think the article mentioned they work best with stock airbox - which i believe - gives more back psi to the cv carbs;

any advice in this would be greatly app. - have 3 gs's - drag - street/mod and stock - but have been stored 10 years - mid;life crisis - they are all getting updated with the latest and best goodies;

any carb info on updating the 831100 would be great - i'm sellin my extra 33 smoothies as i want the cv's on this bike since it's a daily driver;

this site rawks;

sincerley - dave

heard i shoud get 91 or newer and then run the air pods for significant driveability low/mid improvement;

anyone done this and can give some tips;

going to saty stock throttle - 1 cable

dave-1100

1100E Carb Swap

Hi Dave, I'm in process of doing a similar swap. So far of all the info I've gotten, I've learned: All AIR COOLED GSXR Carbs (Pre '93?) have the same spacing & should fit or 1100E's. They vary in size from 34 to 40mm, from year to year.
    I've heard the way to go for the best power increase, is aftermarket Mikuni RS (true) Flatslides w/acc. pumps. Why are you giving up the 33mm smoothbores, is drivability that poor with them?
    Take Care, --- Dave
    Look 5 ways when ridin'.

Comment

Working...
    X