Anyone have a bearing lock up??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a bearing lock up??

I had one in my rear wheel.....Pulled it apart and Greased it and waa now it is spinning free again....What would cause a bearing to lock up like that....Anyone know??

dirt and rust could lock it up, and thats the rear wheel bearins? i installed sealed bearins when i changed them out .

Comment

Re: Anyone have a bearing lock up??

Originally posted by Alwyn678
      I had one in my rear wheel.....Pulled it apart and Greased it and waa now it is spinning free again....What would cause a bearing to lock up like that....Anyone know??
      You'd better go and buy a new one now and keep it handy... cuzz if it 'locked up' once its on its way out.

I would just replace it right now rather than be stranded 100 miles from home at some time in the future.

Be about $12-$15 from a bearing supply store.

Comment

Yes definatly replace your wheel bearings especialy the front ones, you dont want the front wheel to lock up on you.
        you could end up sliding down the road on your head and end up with a worse hair line than jay!! 8O (sorry jay, I couldnt resist it)

Comment

So where can I buy rear bearings for a 1980 Gs750E???????/ Anyone know..I do not want that happening again

Comment

Hair Line

Dear Mr Skin and Bones. Sir At least I have a hair line. And from the looks of your avitar I'm a much better cook.

Comment

You can always try www.bikebandit.com or your local bike shop. You'd have to take the bearing out to take it to a bearing shop if you wanted a replacement from them.

Comment

You could try a search on Google or Dogpile for oh say 'Suzuki wheel bearing'. Might add GS and/or motorcycle to that to trim the return down some.
                I know JC Whitney carries that kind of thing but I might be a bit concerned about quality when it comes to something that might involve meeting the pavement in a rude and aburpt manner.

Comment

you can also take the bearing to a bearing supply shop and they can cross referance the part number and save a small fortune over the price at the dealer.

Comment

Wheel Bearings

When I had new tires put on my bike the guys at the shop noticed my bearings were worn. $10.00 (each) later my bearings were replaced. WORTH IT!

Ask at your local shop. You might be pleasantly surprised. 8)

Comment

I went and asked my Suzuki parts man at a dealer and he gave me the correct bearing numbers straight off the Suzuki fiche.
                      Dink

Comment

Working...
                      X