1100E black exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100E black exhaust

Does anyone know the original finish for the black pipes on an 831100E?It looks to be gloss black in the original ads,but no paint shop can get me some.

A bike shop should be able to sell you some high heat PJ1 exhaust paint. Check it out. 8)
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Kind of along this line

What is a good resource to get original color paint and/or paint codes?
      Think a Suzuki dealer be better than a body shop?
      I can get all the plastic replaced but the tank is going to need to be repainted.

Thanks.

Comment

Whoa there! That's not paint, it's black chrome (assuming you're looking at the factory brochure). Not aware of any aftermarket replacements in black chrome and the aftermarket manufacturers don't seem to want to touch a one off special. So it's probably a factory original replacement or black paint like PJ1 as mcycle-nut suggested.

Comment

It is black chrome. I just talked to a chrome shop today about doing the pipes on my XN85 Turbo. They do a black chrome but theirs looks more like flat black paint and they say it turns kind of green when exposed to heat. My next plan is to look into a black ceramic baked on paint if I can get it in a gloss black. Does anyone know of such a product?
          Axel

Comment

Look at Jet-Hot coatings. www.jet-hot.com

Comment

Yes, I'm a step ahead of ya. I'm waiting for a reply from them on cost and color. I'm also looking into a do-it yourself product from Hirsch Automotive Products at www.hirchauto.com.
              Axel

Comment

Oops, I misspelt that web site address. www.hirschauto.com.

Comment

If JetHot responds to you like they did me and my friends, you might not get an emailed reply (I did, two of my friends didn't) but in about a week a package should come from them with a video and written quotes and whatnot. Pretty nice.

-=Whittey=-

Comment

Originally posted by axel
                    Oops, I misspelt that web site address. www.hirschauto.com.
                    Good find Axel
                    My aluminum headders are not bad yet and i would like to make them stand up and look a little better--$15 a can seem reasonable--Iwonder if anyone has tried the stuff

Comment

Working...
                    X