Focus Frenzy, FOCUS ON THIS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Focus Frenzy, FOCUS ON THIS!

Your best little friend here......Lives around DEER HWY......Friday night I went into Austin and visited a co-worker......I left about 11:00pm, drinking water at this point....Went to Jack-in-the-Box....Ate major burger with fries and drank more water (believe it or not)....Left, rode 15 miles or so out the curvey, windy roads at the lake, stopped at a bar at about 1:30pm.......I then continued home..............Lots of those DEER EVERYWHERE.......Turned the second to the last corner on my way home and.............There were 2 DEER walking across the road in parrallel form.....Locked up me new brake system and still didn't stop til I hit the first one.......threw me back onto my passenger bucket, head looking through the fairing.....accelerator on (feet flowing out the back of bike at this point)........Saw the fence post and cedar tree, woke up with my left leg under the bike and didn't quite know where I was.....Thorny bushes all around me......Got help on the way.......had lost my glasses and my mind (I guess)...........Had to be pulled out of 3ft of thorn bushes with a chain.......I am very scratched up and alot of black and blue..........My bike has a few scratches and a dent in the tank from my knee.....Of course, right on top of my petcock.......My face shield was ripped from bottom to top on the left side of my face and the back of the helmet took the brunt of the bobwire fence........
    Istopped to take a picture and cannot believe that I landed in such a corner that not everything was ripped to pieces.......
    No...I was not hauling, getting on, you know what I mean........
    All happens so fast, no matter how fast your going.........
    I will always wear my helmet guys........Thanks for your support....
    Love me always....

I know a guy who hit a deer at about 85 mph with his Buell and managed to stop in a straight line. The only thing holding the two halves of the deer together was some skin. He said he was drenched in blood and guts. He buggered up his knee and ankle, but he was basically ok. The Buell was a write-off. :?
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

My sympathies

Renda, from one deerslayer to another, you have my sympathies. I understand how it feels to hit one of those damn rats on hooves. I hate Bambi!

As for people who don't wear helmets, go ahead and be dumb. If I hadn't been wearing my full-face helmet, my handsome face would've been history.

Anyway, Renda, I'm glad you made it through well enough to write about it.

Nick

Comment

Not another one! Glad you're OK too.

Comment

OW, your not suspose to hit them till deer season opens :roll:
          have you gotten that carburator problem sorted out yet.

Comment

Carb Problem

Originally posted by focus frenzy
            OW, your not suspose to hit them till deer season opens :roll:
            have you gotten that carburator problem sorted out yet.

Yeah but she's got to clean them again now anyway. Deerskin isn't good in carbs. Clogs them up almost as bad as gator hide. Right Scotty?

Comment

Re: Focus Frenzy, FOCUS ON THIS!

Well Renda, It's good to know you're only beat up, bruised, scratched, sore, clothes ripped to shreds, and bike bent up.
              Glad you're still with us. :-) GS's are great bikes, but they arent worth a plugged nickel for deer hunting. Nick no longer uses one
              for this purpose either. :-)

Earl

[quote="GS1000G"]]Your best little friend here......Lives around DEER HWY......Friday night I went
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Worst hunting bikes ever!

GS's are great bikes, but they arent worth a plugged nickel for deer hunting. Nick no longer uses one for this purpose either.

I gave up hunting-by-motorcycle for Lent.

Nick

Comment

At least in Australia we only have kangaroos, wombats (mobile bricks if you hit them!), and emus and cattle depending on where you live. GL1800s do have some uses in such cases!!

Comment

Originally posted by saaz
                    At least in Australia we only have kangaroos, wombats (mobile bricks if you hit them!), and emus and cattle depending on where you live. GL1800s do have some uses in such cases!!
                    aligator in the roads sometimes are a real scare--if you dont kill it when you hit it 8O 8O oh oh

Comment

Working...
                    X