Horn replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horn replacement

Just picked up a 1981 GS650. Everything works except the horn.

How do I replace it, and where can I get one!

First bike...........................can you tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

most horns are located in front/under the tank.

Comment

Horn

I had the same dilemma and had no problem at all. Almost all horns connect with 2 male, spade connectors (horn side). It will just take you a couple of minutes to replace it. I bought a 125db horn for $15 delivered from www.ridesafer.com and it works quite well. 8)
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Make sure before you go spending money on the horn that it's not a wiring issue. Got a Clymer's manual?
        ALthough, even if it's not the horn itself, it's probably a good idea to replace it with a louder one.

Comment

Automotive horn and relay

I have an automotive horn I picked up at Pep Boys, and hooked up an auto relay meant for an old Chrysler product. Cheap and loud enough.

As for the stock horns, they make interesting paperweights.

Nick

Comment

horns

When the switch is on the horns have 12 volts standing on them at all times turn the button round and round as you push it , it may just need cleaning DO NOT TAKE IT APART!!!!!!! Ihave worked on and fixed things all my life and there are few things I wont touch , but after tangleing with that switch and finally fixing it I would rather take a good ass whipping than put my self through that again.

Comment

Thank you!

I appreciate all the input. I will check for current first, then proceed.

Thanks for all your help. I think I will enjoy being a part of this group!!!!

Stephen

Comment

Working...
              X