Igniter unit, please tell me it's OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Igniter unit, please tell me it's OK

I suspect my igniter unit has gone belly up. I have done all the tests in the Haynes manual with negative results. If I do have to buy a new one I have some questions.
    1. Anyone have a spare one
    2. Anyone have a friend with a spare one.
    3. Anyone know where I can get one cheap, I am trying all the breakers in the UK, could do with help from across the pond.
    4. Are all the ICU's the same on all of the twins. The number on mine is 32900-47020.
    5. How did this happen in the first, could it be anything to do with the reg/rec.
    TIA Marty

Marty:

Since it appears you need an igniter...look at E-Bay immediately. There is one available that says it is good for various makes, but it does not say whether it is for 2, 4 or 6 cylinder bikes. If you wish to go this route, ask the seller right away. I know it says "ship to USA only, but ask the seller if they will ship internationally....sometimes they will. If you are willing to pay the extra cost, say so. As of this posting, 2240 hours/19 June, there are 15 hours left in the auction for "Suzuki igniter).
    "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
    Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

wich bike do you have?
      I have a spare ignitor box for a gs1000 somewhere around here, but am not sure if it will work on a twin.
      I will see if I can find it and get the part number off it.
      can you get the number off of yours?

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy
        wich bike do you have?
        GS250T Should have said that in message, sorry.

I have a spare ignitor box for a gs1000 somewhere around here, but am not sure if it will work on a twin.
        As far as I know it won't fit, but thanks for looking.

I will see if I can find it and get the part number off it.
        can you get the number off of yours?
        Part No: 32900-47020

I Have got one from a breaker and am trying to see if I can replace the whole lot for a modern unit, if it works out I will post the info.

Thank you for your help
        MartyC

Comment

Ignitor

I have installed a Dyna S system on my bike. You can throw all the Suzuki parts away besides the Coils. The cost is about $130.00

Comment

Working...
          X