Suzuki GSXR Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki GSXR Head

I was wondering if any has put a GSXR head (1100) on a ’83 GS 1100 bottom half? If so what was the outcome? If not could this work and would it increase the horsepower?

This guys done it...http://www.bertaut.com/gsengine.html
    however I have to wonder why. The GS head flows pretty darn good with the right work. I mean those NHRA 1500 cc GS based motors are using GS heads.
    just my $0.02

Comment

They are actually using two valve heads on the 1500cc bikes. The four-valve head is limited to 1200 cc, if I am not mistaken. Those two valve heads are not made by Suzuki but by another company and will not work on a stock GS without a lot of work.

The GSXR head (air-oil cooled, not the H2O cooled) flows better than the GS head and for a while it was a popular conversion for the drag bikes but the ruling on 4-valve heads being limited in displacement killed that development. It just was not possible to make up the extra HP that the addition cc's added with a 4-valve head.

It is funny how in pro stock they are running Hayabuses and TL1000s with an engine that was basically developed in 1975...says something about our old war-horses!

Hap

Comment

hap

its just like nhra and old hemi`s, you just cant do better than a old hemi

Comment

I have a 1500 CC top-gas motor in my dragbike. 306 hp on the dyno all motor, no turbos or nitrous. I'll take the gs1150 head over the vortek 2 valve head any day. While the vortek heads are pretty heavy duty, They can get more flow from the 4 valvers. I looked into them when I was building this bike. I spoke with Rick Ward (Ward Performance manufacturer of the Vortek) he is the one that told me that you can get more flow out of a 4 valve.
          There is also a pro-mod guy (Van-sant) that runs a gsxr head on a gs bottom end.
          I love my bike, The damn thing just keeps getting faster. four valves, no waiting.

Mike

Comment

306hp aspirated! What you got in that motor...is that corrected hp, and was that pull on Nutec???

Yoshi

Comment

Does this lower the front end? do you NEED to do both swingarm and front end at the same time? could I keep my handlebars or do I need to switch to clip ons?I've been thinking about this for a while, and could use some more direction.... and a front end.

Comment

WHOOPS! posted my suspention questions in a head post

Comment

Working...
                X