Carb Rebuild/Removing Needle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Rebuild/Removing Needle

Hi, I just purchased a 1980 GS 850. I rebuilt all the carbs but I am having a problem removing the needle. It looks like I have to remove the c clip but I have tried and cannot figure it out.
    Is there a trick to this?? Thank You

Do you have round slides or have you got CVs. I have mikuni VM26ss round slides, first I remove the carb top covers, then the slide spindle, then remove each slide, then remove the slide pivot arm, then remove the needle leaving the c-clip attached.

Comment

Carb needles

I have round slides. What is the slide pivit arm? It seems the only way to remove the needle is to get that c clip out

Comment

C Clips

If you have the same carbs I do (81 GS 850 GL with BS 32SS carbs) You will indeed have to remove that C clip to adjust/replace the needles. I had to get a set of needle nose pliers and grind the tips down to get to the clips. I was told by the Suzuki that it was a $45.00 Suzuki tool and I couldn't find a set of C clips pliers long enough. Paid $4.00 for a cheap set that works.

Comment

Thats funny, I made the exact same "tool". Works great....

Comment

Have you checked the carb cleaning post onthis site??
            It's very detailed with lots of pictures...The Best.
            You could even download it for future reference

Comment

I made the tool by ginding the Needle nose pliers down, Worked great. I used the carb series to rebuild the carbs but it did not have a picture on removing the needle. All is well now, I have to change plugs,oil and charge battery and see if she will start, the original owner said it was sitting for 10 years, I paid 300.00 so I thought why not take a shot

Thanks for everyone's help

Comment

The slide pivot arm is what holds the slide to the throttle shart and pulls the slide up as you twist the throttle. Maybe we have different carbs. Mine are VM26ss's. Sorry if I confused you.

Comment

Working...
                X