Acrobatic biking 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acrobatic biking 101

In '65 after reassembling an old lambretta scooter I'd gotten for $10, less a clutch cable and mighty anxious to go for a ride...in my infinite wisdom, I decided I would start by just shifting into first. It died...So, i revved it up...a lot... and shifted into first...and did a back flip. a coupla' times I got down into a street corner and lost it on the bump in the intersection...once wearing only shorts. If you can feature someone falling down on a m/c and desparately climbing on the high side to minimize the rash...Larry

The "desparation to ride" can make one do some crazy things. I remember when I was about 12, a buddy of mine had a "Bronco TX2" minibike powered by a Tecumseh 3 hp engine driven with a centifugal clutch. Well after much abuse, the clutch blew up. Had to ride, so he got the two pieces of the clutch welded together. He now had a direct drive minibike! Had to bump start it from the top of a dirt hill. The darn thing idled at about 30 mph! (seemed like it at the time) That didn't last long as he knew that it was a "little" hard on the engine. 8)
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Working...
    X