Braided brake lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braided brake lines

After months of hunting for a good deal on eBay and such, I finally picked up a set of braided brake lines (front) for my GS1100GK. The package included the three lines and the junction box that bolts onto the lower triple tree. These lines were used on a GS850G, and they arrived in like-new condition. They fit the GK perfectly.

I installed it yesterday, installed new washers, bled the brakes thoroughly, (it was time for refreshing the brake fluid anyway -- cheap Walmart DOT 3 stuff) and went for a short ride. What a difference! Everything everybody tells you about braided brake lines is true -- they're great.

Even greater was the price. $42 including shipping, and the seller accepted Paypal, which made things quite easy and quick. I'm pleased.

Nick

I scrounged some braided steel line from the local bike wreckers. I have no idea what they came off of, but they work. I agree, a great improvement. Before I could pull the lever to the bar, but no more. I left the back brake lines alone, as the rear brakes lock with no problems. 8)
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Hey Nick

So you got those I saw them and thought about bidding but I was too

slow. I was gonna use on my 79 850. First I need to get the head back

from the machine shop Well maybe tomorrow

Scott

Comment

I'm glad I won the bid

My maximum bid was $51, so you would've had to bid $52 to get the lines. The bidding was stalled at $36, the final price, for the longest time. I'm glad about that. These would have fit any big GS, including yours. I'

At least one of the other bidders was a GS Resources member. Surprise, surprise...

Anyway, I'm glad I got the brake lines. They work great.

Nick

Comment

Hey Nick and scott0-58, now I know who some of my competitors are. I am always on e-bay looking for a bargain. I was also looking at those brake lines. Good luck to you all. And next time I won't take it easy on ya.

Comment

Fair enough!

Originally posted by IDGSer
            Hey Nick and scott0-58, now I know who some of my competitors are. I am always on e-bay looking for a bargain. I was also looking at those brake lines. Good luck to you all. And next time I won't take it easy on ya.

Fair enough! That's one of the things I like about eBay -- the friendly competition. Actually, my GK is in need of nothing right now, so I'm calling it quits on bidding for the time being. Thanks to eBay and a few one-on-one deals I've made with other GS people, I managed to rebuild the Hybrid GK after the December Bambicide.

Nick (gssuzukiguy)

Comment

A Tip On Bidding

Figure out what you are willing to pay and bid with about 30 seconds or less left in the auction so nobody has time to place another bid. I've placed bids with less than 5 seconds left and won many. All you do by bidding early in an auction is run the price up. You either get the parts or you don't, but the Ebay system will only increase the bid by the amount needed to win the auction.

Comment

Working...
              X