T'was a dark and stormy night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T'was a dark and stormy night

And the Skipper said to the first mate, "Tell us a story Mate". And it was a dark and stormy night, well afternoon anyway. Iwas heading home, and it started to rain with a couple of hundred miles to go. What to do? Well I could stay and wait it out as I had to get my new computer home that was sitting behind me, and in front of the trunk. This was the time I though about getting one of those fancy rain suits, You know the sort, the 'his and her' suits you see Goldwingers wearing making a fashion statement; all color cordinated with the bike. They always look so complacement sitting there all protected.

Well I hadn't bought one so it was my old, but trusty, Helli Hansen Fishermans wet suit. It is a dayglo orange, and is not only rain proof but hurricane proof. On went the pants,with their pink suspenders. Pink? they were they only pair in the store when I bought them, and who sees them anyway? Then on went the jacket, a somewhat tight fit over my riding jacket. Maybe I should have taken it off but what the hell, it was raining and I didn't want to get any wetter than I was. So on it went and I then had to figure out how to fasten the snaps which come in two different layers. Got those figured out and then there was the hood. Up it went on my helmet went over it. This was great, no wet neck.

So off it set looking like a moving road sign. When I got home I was soaked right through! Not from the rain but from the sweat inside. Next time.......

The computer? it was fine, not a drop inside the black plastic bag the box was wrapped in, with lots of packing tape to seal it. I wonder if I could rig up a small fan inside the suit? maybe two, one up each leg. Now there's a thought.

So here's whatcha do Colin. You block off your air intake box for the carbs. Put a PVC pipe on each end and run a hose to a fitting on each pant leg at the ankle. Now when you wear the suit, the engine draws its air through the suit. Result....all the sweat is pulled into the engine----you get free water injection and more power, the suit no longer will flap in the wind and your helmet will be sucked down tightly on your head, never again requiring
    repositioning and adjustment. You will be heat shrunk, vacum packed and dry roasted, all while riding in the rain. What more could you ask for. Probably should pack a spatula in your tool kit though so as to be able to pry off the rainsuit when you stop. :-)

Earl
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Gee Earl, all those extras hydro carbons too! Sounds like rocket science to me.

Comment

Rain

Earl you forgot the faceshield wiper for the helmet.

Comment

Working...
        X