Fiberglass for exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiberglass for exhaust

Does anyone know how I can get a hold of fiberglass for my exhaust? I want to re-pack my Vance&Hines with fiberglass instead of steel wool.
    -Sean

I would go to a muffler shop and see if they have any, or if they know what type of fiberglass is used. It is possible they know of a good substitute for it.

Comment

I think www.denniskirk.com sells the same stuff that comes in V&H pipes . Also try the hardware store. I bought a good sized roll for about 4-5 bucks. It might not be the exact same thing but it works.

Comment

I just go up in my attic and grab some R30 insulation...honestly,it's fiberglass and is easy to come by !!!!

Comment

Fiberglass for exhaust

Moose Racing sells some, the local bike shop around here sells the stuff for about $6 a pack. I just had to repack my V & H pipe, so I have been recently educated about repacking.

Comment

I AM GOING TO TRY INSULATION MYSELF THE NEXT TIME I WANT TO QUIET THE THING DOWN--I BELIEVE THAT THE CYCLE SHOPS CHARGE TOO MUCH FOR THAT LITTLE BIT OF FIBER GLASS IN THE PACKS THAT I HAVE SEEN. I SPEND A STUPID AMOUNT OF MONEY ON OIL AND SPARK PLUGS BUT GET CHEAP OVER SOME MUFFLER PACKING??????????

Comment

Working...
            X