Russell performance brake lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russell performance brake lines

I found this while searching for new lines for my GS550LZ. They have a list for all our old bikes.

Edelbrock is the most respected name in performance! Since 1938, Edelbrock has manufactured its core products in the USA for quality and performance.

I'll let you know how much when I get a call back.

thanks much--i was just dreaming about new brake lines

i had better luck opening this link to russel http://www.russellperformance.com/mo...its.htm#Suzuki

Comment

now maybe someone can tell me why the 1983 gs1100e is not listed--what is the diference from the 1982 and 1983 as far as the brakes go????? 8O 8O

Comment

back again
        Inoticed the item called a Russel speed bleeder and i cant seem to find where to buy them for a motorcycle --can anyone assist me please

Comment

I'm pretty sure dennis kirk sells them

Comment

Dom,
            Same question here! They have them for a 82 1100gl, but not 82 1100G!! Can't be any major differences in these either, I would'nt think.

GO FIGURE 8O :P
            Michael

Comment

No difference

No difference at all, Michael. I just got a set of lines on eBay. They used to be on a GS850GL. They fit my GK perfectly.

Nick

Comment

i just ordered the brake bleeders from my local Harley Davidson dealer--these guys are great

Comment

I still cant seem to be able to purchase these things. :x I called a couple of local shops and got the runaround. One was right from their where to buy link. Should I try to get the specific one or just settle for a universal one? I figure my lines are about 44" end to end, are the banjo's 10mmx1? Which size bleeder did you order?

Thanks
                  Ports

Comment

the book had a listing that said for all Suzukis--we shal see???

Comment

Russel

I have the Russel catalog. I'll check it out for you.

Comment

I didn't see any GS1150's in there.

Comment

Well I finally found a place online.

Decent prices too. Don't know how much they charge for shipping though. Lines for my bike $46.49 and speed bleeder $12.97. Ill let you know how it goes.

Ports

Comment

Ah man, Turn around time for these parts is 4-5wks. I had to still order them cause Ive had terrible luck finding them else where. Called a few hardley shops and was told to talk to their wholesaler, but they didn't give me any contact info. Guess I just cant stop for awhile. 8)

Ports

Comment

braided hoses, why not make your own?

Its not as hard as everyone thinks, go get the appropriate ends to suit your bike from a goodrich or earls dealer, and the hose to match, offer up to bike, and cut according to instructions. I find its easiest if you tape the section your going to cut, and run a dremel file cutting wheel (about1" accross) right the way round, and graduallly cut through it rather than coming in from one side, makes less of a mess and less chance of it fraying..
                              Make sure you have all the little bits of plastic inner liner out, otherwise these will go into the brake system and destroy something.
                              Assemble hose end onto cut hosing as per instructions. (ie dont overtighten fitting against crush olive, and remember to always use a new olive).
                              Test. Bleed it up and apply pressure, make SURE the lever doesnt sink even slowly, you should be able to bind the brake on overnight, and come back in the morning and find it hasnt sunk in.
                              voilla one made to measure set of braided steel hoses and no spongieness in the brakes (well only the flex caused by the stock calipers...) Plus if its for a one off, you wont find a hose in the catalogues to suit anyway (example my 77 gs750db hydraulic clutch hose..)
                              If you buy new olives to suit, you can reuse the fittings, but make sure you buy the same brand olives or it wont work....
                              Ive found most industrial dealers who sell this stuff are REALLY knowledgable and willing to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X