Harassment or What????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harassment or What????

I just felt compeled to pass this little story along. Went riding this morning. About 1/2 mile from my home, I'm stopped at a traffic light. I am using my front brake to keep from rolling back when I look in my mirror to see a policeman with his blue light flashing. I pull over off the road and was informed that I had no brake light on. Well, with the rear brake engaged, it worked but with the front brake engaged it didn't. At least he was nice enough to just write me a warning....needless to say the trip was short and I have been working on the ##@@$@@ front brake switch all day!! With some help from the tech. forum and the clymer manual maybe, just maybe I'll get it working soon!! This story is not as good as others I have read on here but just thought it to be worthy!!

Why does it seem like I read that some were else? 8O

Comment

You did Hank, in the tech, forum when I was looking for help...just wanted to share the story with all....

Comment

Ya know, the subject of your message is "harassment or what?" I'll tell you, i'd hate to see you holding your bike at an intersection with your hand brake whan a car plows into you from behind. Worse yet, driving in traffic at 50+ and have to hit the front brakes, when an inattentive driver hits you. The cop did you a huge favor, maybe even saved your life.

JMO
        Tim

Comment

tbarby, you are probably right... I'm sure the officer was doing his job...just kinda burned me a little...when I was stopped at the light, I intially had my foot on the rear brake pedal. I put both feet down to adjust my pants, that's when I grabbed the front brake lever... just one of those things I reckon...by the way, I did get it fixed...

Comment

Yeah the cop was doing his job. NOT!. I was a cop for 20 years. I would not have given you a warning. I might have pulled you over but after finding that you just needed to adjust your switch sent you on your way. But thats just me. Maybe this cop got burned by someone saying "Yes Officer I'll get it fixed" and then he sees the same car 3 weeks later with the same problem. Yeah he did him a favor by pulling him over amd making him aware of the probelm but a warning was a bit much.

Comment

Well Jay, there are good cops and there are Darwin cops. :-)
              A couple of years ago we had an incident where an officer pulled over an ambulance enroute to the hospital with a heart attack patient and proceeded to detain the driver while he wrote him a speeding ticket.

Another time, an officer was trying to stop an elderly woman that apparently did not stop soon enough to please him and when she finally stopped, the officer exited his patrol car screaming at the woman. He scared her badly enough that she locked her doors and rolled up her windows and was sitting in the car crying while the officer kicked her car, yanked on the door handle, pounded on the window and continued
              screaming at her. A supervisor and two other units were called.
              The two units to remove the officer from the scene and the supervisor to calm down the woman and find out what happened.
              Sometimes, the newspapers really are interesting. :-) :-)

Considering what happens here, I would not consider getting a warning for a faulty brake light to be a great extreme. I think youre right, it is excessive for such a minor inadvertant infraction,but at least the officer didnt jump on the offender and attempt to beat the crap outta him. LOL

Earl

Earl

Originally posted by Jay B
              Yeah the cop was doing his job. NOT!. I was a cop for 20 years. I would not have given you a warning. I might have pulled you over but after finding that you just needed to adjust your switch sent you on your way. But thats just me. Maybe this cop got burned by someone saying "Yes Officer I'll get it fixed" and then he sees the same car 3 weeks later with the same problem. Yeah he did him a favor by pulling him over amd making him aware of the probelm but a warning was a bit much.
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Inattentive drivers...

If a driver is inattentive, you are going to get it tail light or not...

It would have been nice if the cop had just sent you on your way and told you to get it fixed, but they don't make money that way! If you don't get it fixed, they'd send you a fine

Josh

Comment

This reminds me to fix up my front brake switch. Old age has caught up and it is a bit erratic. But I alwyas use the rear anyway, and only the rear at slow speed.

Comment

Working...
                  X