Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sooooo happy

Whooopie , I feel good.
    I am in the UK and passed my bike test today. This means after thirty years of driving cars I can go back to legaly riding a motorcycle. I first rode a Royal Enfield 250 Crusader sport at the tender age of 16 and I had no idea what I was doing. Today I rode my fully restored (all work done by me) GS250T, what a cute little bike, nice noise.
    After spending three months on the bligther, and about three hundred pounds I rode it today, and it felt sooooo good. Why oh why did I stop with the bikes.
    I am now looking for a bigger one to tinker with, but I love this little cutie and cannot understand why everyone always wants big bikes when they don't ride trans anything other than trans my town.
    Big is not always best.
    MartyC

Re: I'm sooooo happy

Originally posted by bonoeuf
    Whooopie , I feel good.
    I am in the UK and passed my bike test today. This means after thirty years of driving cars I can go back to legaly riding a motorcycle. I first rode a Royal Enfield 250 Crusader sport at the tender age of 16 and I had no idea what I was doing. Today I rode my fully restored (all work done by me) GS250T, what a cute little bike, nice noise.
    After spending three months on the bligther, and about three hundred pounds I rode it today, and it felt sooooo good. Why oh why did I stop with the bikes.
    I am now looking for a bigger one to tinker with, but I love this little cutie and cannot understand why everyone always wants big bikes when they don't ride trans anything other than trans my town.
    Big is not always best.
    MartyC
    NOW YOU BETTER TELL THE TRUTH
    THIS YANK HAS WANTED A FIRST HAND EXPLANATION OF WHAT A BLIGTHER IS--PLEASE BE KIND AND EASE MY CURIOSITY

Comment

Congratulations on getting your bike comleted. There's a lot to be said for the agility and ease of handling with smaller bikes, especially around town. When I had my shop, I had several big bikes, but I always took our little Honda 175 to run parts in Boston. It was soo much easier to cram between parking spaces and pop up over curbs. Yours looks like a real beauty!!

Comment

Glad to see you decided to redo a little classic.

I am with Scotty on this blighter issue(I'm confused)

Comment

Blighter, term used for something slightly iritating. Like I just got the bike finished and the reg/rec cooked the CDI.
          Also can be used for people; chap doing the dirty on someone, (the blighter did what).
          Not really used by anyone much under 40.
          MartyC
          Bonoeuf

Comment

Originally posted by bonoeuf
            Blighter, term used for something slightly iritating. Like I just got the bike finished and the reg/rec cooked the CDI.
            Also can be used for people; chap doing the dirty on someone, (the blighter did what).
            Not really used by anyone much under 40.
            MartyC
            Bonoeuf
            After 60 years of watching Brittish movies i finally understand what Alec G uinness was trying to say

Comment

This is too good to pass up!
              Hey bonoeuf! Buddy of mine used to own a BSA 250 Blighter or was it a Triumph 250 Bugger...one er the other, what!

Comment

I think it's nice to hear English slang; if you would call it that; now and then. My Mum was born and raised in Cumberland/Cumbria and I've heard some interesting phrases over the years.

Jon Kram

81 GS750EX and proud of it!!

Comment

Working...
                X