Suggested Part Bikes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggested Part Bikes?

To all that have, are doing, or know anything about these mods, what bikes are suggested? What CC size can you go down or up to for the 1000 to 1150 class GS frames and engines? Are the 750's and up compatable and able to handle the weight as is the case with KZ's, or is Suzuki diffrent?

What year would be the newest I should go with? At some point they must get imcompatible, but when? Or is Suzuki actually that nice that they all work? Talking forks here, although grinding an 1/8 inch off the mount for the swing arm isn't much work either, is that for all year GSXR's?

Looking at prices, I'm thinking I'd be better off buying a used bike for parts and selling what I dont use. Getting the parts from a wrecker would run me more then the bike itself! It seems the 750's are more plentiful, and cheaper, then the 1000 GSXR's.

Thanks for anything you can provide! Worse comes to worse, Ill have to take my fork and swingarm off and go down to match them up. I'm hoping to find a beat GSXR this fall for peanuts and do the mod this winter

Josh
Working...
X