GS450L Seat Mod????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450L Seat Mod????

I have recently purchased an 81 GS450L with only 6K on it and it's in pristine shape. I only dislike a couple of things which are appearance in nature. One is this horrible 2 tier seat. I would like to put a seat on that is lower profile for the passenger. Does anyone know if a seat for a GS550 will fit on the GS450? Also, could I just cut the foam down and reshape the base plate to my liking and have it re-apolstered? Anyone done this in the past with tips/tricks?

And by the way this forum is excellent and I'm stoked to find such a valuable resource. Keep up the great work!!

Re: GS450L Seat Mod????

Originally posted by MailMan
    I have recently purchased an 81 GS450L with only 6K on it and it's in pristine shape. I only dislike a couple of things which are appearance in nature. One is this horrible 2 tier seat. I would like to put a seat on that is lower profile for the passenger. Does anyone know if a seat for a GS550 will fit on the GS450? Also, could I just cut the foam down and reshape the base plate to my liking and have it re-apolstered? Anyone done this in the past with tips/tricks?

And by the way this forum is excellent and I'm stoked to find such a valuable resource. Keep up the great work!!
    This was posted quite a while ago.
    Did you reshape the seat for your GS450L? I want to do this for mine. I would like to sit back farther on the seat because I am too cramped in the normal sitting position, but the rise in the passenger area prevents this.

Comment

Working...
    X