Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big block 1150 kits???

Question????
    Who out there in cyberspace has done an 1150 big block kit?
    How many kits are available?
    Whos' the best?
    Any and all stories would be great and very informative as to my final choice as to who I'll go with.
    Rick.......

Hey Richard... I would recommend MTC engineering Inc., they manufacture and distribute high performance products. They carry multiple bore kits for your GS1150 starting from your std bore of 1134cc to a beefy 1428cc. They also carry clutches, heads, valves, high-po cams, and so on. The prices are reasonable and they provide quality workmanship. Several people that you might have heard of choose their products...like Matt Hines, Ryan schnitz, Matt Smith, and so on.
    MTC Engineering Inc. is located at 428 Shearer Blvd. Cocoa, Fl. 32922 There telephone number are: Tech Question Line: 1-321-636-9480
    Order Line: 1-800-827-9210
    There Website: http://www.mpsmall.com/mtc
    I've purchased a kit from them and i have no complaints... they where very helpful when choosing a kit for my bike.
    Good luck

Comment

Thanks bunches!

Originally posted by GS1166
      Hey Richard... I would recommend MTC engineering Inc., they manufacture and distribute high performance products. They carry multiple bore kits for your GS1150 starting from your std bore of 1134cc to a beefy 1428cc. They also carry clutches, heads, valves, high-po cams, and so on. The prices are reasonable and they provide quality workmanship. Several people that you might have heard of choose their products...like Matt Hines, Ryan schnitz, Matt Smith, and so on.
      MTC Engineering Inc. is located at 428 Shearer Blvd. Cocoa, Fl. 32922 There telephone number are: Tech Question Line: 1-321-636-9480
      Order Line: 1-800-827-9210
      There Website: http://www.mpsmall.com/mtc
      I've purchased a kit from them and i have no complaints... they where very helpful when choosing a kit for my bike.
      Good luck
      Thanks Mr 1166! I'm heading for the site you suggested, I'll probably go for the 1400cc kit. I was tinkering with the idea of turbocharging but after reading alot on this site, I've concluded that 'puffing' is not the best solution.
      Rick.......

Comment

Re: Thanks bunches!

Originally posted by Richard Ellis
        ... I'll probably go for the 1400cc kit. I was tinkering with the idea of turbocharging but after reading alot on this site, I've concluded that 'puffing' is not the best solution.
        Rick.......
        Be careful with the 1400cc kits...they are made so that air does not pass between the cylinders which makes them impractical for street use. They replace the stock block because the sleeves cannot be bored out far enough to get to 1400cc. I believe the largest you can go (with case work and overbored cylinders) and still have the air passages between the cylinders is 1261cc.

Someone in the forum has a 1327cc kit and can shed some more light on this.

Hap

Comment

Working...
        X