My first run in with the Fuzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first run in with the Fuzz

I just recieved my endorsment two weeks ago.(why do 16 year olds get licenses, and I have to get an endorsment?) Anyway, My cage buddies and I on the bike were getting ready to leave work. I am revving the bike, that sort of thing. One of my cage buddies and I decide to race home. As we are leaving the parking lot, I notice a cop across the street. My buddy tears out of the parking lot, while I slowly pull away, and sure enough, the cop ignores the car, and goes straight for me. He follows me while I am at a slow pace. My right blinker does not work(need to get that fixed) and I turn right. I did not want to get on the highway while my friend was unaware that I was trailing some trouble. After two right turns, the lights go on. He asks for the usual stuff as I sit there and ponder the irony. If he had found me two minutes later, he would have been pulling me over for a lot more. So, new turn signal and need to find some country roads to see what my bike can do without the danger of cars and the police.

Portland, Oregon

Undeniably, some police officers will stop bikes even in circumstances where they would ignore cars. A small way to avoid a citation is to carry spare bulbs on the bike, because bulb failure is the most common problem. If you are stopped and you change the bulb, the problem is usually resolved. If you have no screwdriver...the police may still be impressed that you had safety in mind by carrying the spare.

Actually, you should ALWAYS have a spare headlight bulb with you., wrapped in foam or a suitable shock-absorbing container.

How do you carry a spare sealed beam lamp? You don't. You trash it right away and get a lamp that has a replaceable halogen bulb, because it will be vastly superior to "standard" sealed beams.
    "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
    Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas
      How do you carry a spare sealed beam lamp? You don't. You trash it right away and get a lamp that has a replaceable halogen bulb, because it will be vastly superior to "standard" sealed beams.
      Good advice.

As to the police a few of them undeniably pick on motorcyclist because they lump us as on big bad group of evil doers!

Comment

Working...
      X