GS1100E to GS1100G parts swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100E to GS1100G parts swap?

Hey folks, I'm pretty new to the Suzi GS line. Just picked up my first, an 1100G, for $350. She was wrecked so I need to replace some body parts. My question is, will the sidecovers from an 1100E fit the G? I can get the tank, sidecovers, seat and tailpiece from an E so they all match up but I'm not sure if the sidecovers will hook on the frame correctly. I'm also in need of the little round cover on the right (while you sittin on the bike) side of the engine. Looks like that side scraped the ground and took off the emblem. Thanks for your help!

-Mike

Parts swap

My question is, will the sidecovers from an 1100E fit the G? ? I don't think so.

I can get the tank, sidecovers, seat and tailpiece from an E so they all match up but I'm not sure if the sidecovers will hook on the frame correctly. ?I know the seat won't fit. Different mounting hardware. You have to use a seat from a G model, 850,1000, or 1100. Also I question the tailpiece fitting.

I'm also in need of the little round cover on the right (while you sittin on the bike) side of the engine. Looks like that side scraped the ground and took off the emblem.
    ?That piece is the ignition cover and it's two pieces. The part in the middle with "Suzuki" on it is glued in place. Take it off (no oil behind it) and push your finger through the hole on the back side to remove the "Suzuki" name plate. They're about $12 from my local shop.

Comment

Heh, I'm so used to dealing with way old Yamaha's, I never thought to check my local stealer for parts. Thanks GK.

-Mike

Comment

Working...
      X