Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

early gsxr carbs on my gs1000!!!!! can it be done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

early gsxr carbs on my gs1000!!!!! can it be done?

i recently aquired some early 33mm flatslides that are vaccum operated. the spacing is correct but my stock carbs are not vaccum operated. what could i do to get these to work?
    if that doesn't work does anyone know what size RS MIKUNI FLATSLIDES i could use on stock cams and stock compression?
    any info would GREATLY be appreciated.
    Thanks,Chris :roll:

All you can do is bolt them on and try them. Intake vaccum will do the rest. You will probably find they will work. Try this place for the right size manifolds, http://www.carbparts.com/. 36mm RS flatslides are what Yoshimura list for 1000/1100/1150's.

Comment

Misread your post, thought you said they were 38mm carbs. The 33mm carbs should fit your manifolds with no problems.

Comment

Thanks Billy..I'll go ahead and put them on and give them a try. Hopefully everything works or i'll be looking for some RS series carbs.
        Thanks,Chris

Comment

Let us know how you get on. I've been offered a set of the same or similar carbs for my gs1000 engined 7/11 and want to know if they can be made to run smoothly and what size jets to use. I don't want a bike that runs like a hound around town then goes banzai flat out, I want a bike that's smooth.
          Has anyone else done this mod who could offer some tips?

Comment

I have a set of 38mm GSXR carbs on mine. The 36s will work to. Sometimes I put on my 40mm flat slides. Not to good for the street though.
            You will have to mess with the jetting but they will work.

Comment

Thanks for that, Brett.

Comment

Yes, Thank you too Brett.

Comment

Working...
                X